* Clemson swept three games from Maryland last year, the first time in history Clemson swept three games in the same year from the Terps. If Clemson gains victory on Tuesday it would give Clemson four straight wins in the series, something Clemson has not done against any ACC opponent since a six-game winning streak against NC State from 1993- 95. It would mark the first time Clemson has beaten Maryland your straight games since 1949-51.
* Oliver Purnell is 4-2 against Maryland. That includes a victory over a sixth ranked Maryland team in Maui in 2001 when he was the head coach at Dayton. He was an assistant coach at Maryland under Lefty Driesell and Bob Wade from 1985-88.
Clemson is on a five-game losing streak. A victory at Clemson last year over Maryland ended a fivegame Tiger losing streak.
* Shawan Robinson is expected to start at point guard in place of the injured Vernon Hamilton. Hamilton has played in 84 consecutive games.
* Last year in three games against Maryland, Robinson scored 63 points, made 21-33 shots from the field, including 14-20 on three-point shots.
* Clemson center Akin Akingbala has scored in double figures in six consecutive games. He is averaging 15.6 points and 7.5 rebounds and is shooting 75 percent from the foul line during that time. He is coming off a career high 21 point performance against Boston College and preseason first-team All-American Craig Smith.
* Clemson had struggled from the foul line as a team for most of the year, but the Tigers have now made 47 of their last 60 (.783) over four games. Clemson has made at least 70 percent from the line in four consecutive games, its longest streak since 2000- 01 and just the third four-game streak in 22 years.
* Clemson has a 13-4 record on Valentine's Day in games played at home.
* K.C. Rivers has scored in double figures in consecutive games for the first time all year. He had 13 at Boston College, his high scoring game in an ACC contest this year. He made three three-point goals in that game, his high figure since November.
* Clemson committed just nine turnovers against Boston College, its low figure in 84 games under Oliver Purnell. But, the Tigers defense forced just eight turnovers, its low figure all year.
Shawan Robinson continues to lead the ACC in free throw percentage wit ha .938 figure, a mark that would be third best in ACC history for a season.
Vernon Hamilton moved into fourth place in Clemson history in career steals with four at Boston College. He now has 183 for his career, just 11 away from Terrell McIntrye's career record total.
Clemson - Maryland Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
MONDAY WEST ZONE INTERVIEWSWatch Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman and Tony Elliott discuss the upcoming showdown with Florida State!
TIGERS REMAIN #3 IN BOTH POLLSWith Ohio State losing and Michigan jumping to #2, idle Clemson sits at #3 in both of Sunday's polls.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:59 AM
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM