* Clemson has now defeated Maryland four consecutive games for the first time since the 1949-51 era when Clemson also won four in a row. That ties for the longest winning streak by the Tigers against the Terps.
* Clemson's four-game winning streak against Maryland is the longest
for the Tigers against an ACC team since a six-game winning streak
against NC State from 1993-95.
* Oliver Purnell is now 5-2 in his career against Maryland, a school
he coached for as an assistant from 1985-88. He is 4-2 as Clemson
head coach and also defeated the Terps as the head coach at Dayton
in a game in 2001 in Hawaii.
* Clemson made 12 three-point goals this evening, its high figure in
an ACC game this year and second highest total in a game this year.
Clemson made a school record 16 three-point goals in a win over
Puerto Rico Mayaquez in December.
* Akin Akingbala has now scored in double figures in a career best
seven straight games. He had 14 points and 13 rebounds for his third
double-double in his last four games. He had never had a
double-double against an ACC foe prior to the North Carolina game in
Chapel Hill on Feb. 4. He has now done it three times in the last
* Clemson has now made at least 70 percent of its free throws in five
consecutive games. This is the longest streak of consecutive 70
percent free throw shooting games since 2000-01 when Clemson also had
a five-game streak. It is just the third five-game 70-percent streak
by a Clemson team since 1984. Clemson has made 72 of its last 93
from the line over five games, a .774 clip. Clemson made 25-33 in
this game, including 11-14 inside the last five minutes.
* Shawan Robinson scored a season high 24 points in this evening's
game. It was his high point total since he scored 24 points against
Maryland in the ACC Tournament last year. Robinson has now scored 87
points in the four-game Clemson winning streak against Maryland,
almost 22 points per game to match the number on his back.
* Robinson's five made three-point goals were also a season high and
his high mark since he made six against the Terps in the ACC
Tournament last year. Robinson is now 19-30 on three-point goals
against Maryland in the four-game Clemson winning streak.
* Robinson made 7-8 free throws tonight, but missed his second of the
game, ending his streak at 20 consecutive made free throws.
* K.C. Rivers has now scored in double figures in three consecutive
games, his long streak of the year. He had a career high five
steals in the game.
* Cliff Hammonds scored 17 points in tonight's game on 6-12 shooting.
It was the most points for Hammonds since he had 21 against Wake
Forest on Jan. 11, the last time Clemson won a home game. That was
also the last time he shot 50 percent from the field.
* Sam Perry was 6-6 from the foul line tonight, the highest perfect
game of his Clemson career. It was the most free throws he has made
in a game.
* Clemson evened its record at 1-1 on Valentine's Day when Ted
Valentine was one of the officials. Clemson had lost at NC State
on Valentine's Day, 2001 by an 85-51 score when Valentine was one of
* Clemson is now 14-4 at home on Valentine's Day over the years.
* Clemson ended a five-game losing streak with a home victory against
Maryland last season.
Clemson - Maryland Postgame Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
5-17 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
BEER & SALAMI: THE SEQUELTrailing 8-7 in the 8th, Reed Rohlman was intentionally walked to load the bases for Clemson National Player of the Year Seth Beer, and he delivered with his second grand slam of…
5-10 RECRUITING RADAR - THE OPENINGIn this week's edition of the Radar, CUTigers.com Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel travels to Charlotte to bring you comprehensive coverage of Nike's The Opening, where Clemson…
TIGERS SWEEP FURMANLogan Davidson led off the game with a homer and Weston Jackson tripled twice, as #7 Clemson cruised past Furman 10-5 at Fluor Field in Greenville.