* Six of Clemson's 11 losses have been by six points or less or in overtime. That includes the first meeting between Clemson and Virginia, a game Clemson led by a point with 1:33 left. • Clemson leads the ACC in offensive rebounds per game (14.4) and steals (11.0) and is second in forcing turnovers ( 19.1)
* Freshman K.C. Rivers has scored in double figures in each of his last four games, including a season high 16 at Wake Forest. He has averaged 13.0 points per game over the four contests. He scored all 16 of those points in the last nine minutes of regulation and the overtime. He scored 11 consecutive points at one stretch, the long streak of the year by a Tiger. Rivers is sixth among ACC freshmen in scoring (7.8) and second in rebounding (4.9).
* Vernon Hamilton played 28 minutes off the bench against Wake Forest as he continues to recover from a chipped bone in his left elbow and a sprained left thumb. He had three more steals and now has 68 for the year, just five off the Clemson single season record of 73 set by Chris Whitney in 1992-93.
* Hamilton needs just eight steals to tie Terrell McIntyre's career record of 194. Hamilton has a 2.2 steals per game career average, 13th best in ACC history. Hamilton leads the ACC in steals and is trying to become the first Clemson player in history to pace the conference.
* Clemson saw its streak of consecutive games shooting at least 70 percent from the line end at Wake Forest when the Tigers were 6-9, but the Tigers have made 78 of 102 from the line over the last six games, a .765 figure.
* Clemson is a perfect 7-0 in home games on February 25 over the years. Outside of a 1-0 record on Feb. 29, it is the only date on the calendar in which Clemson has a perfect record at home between January 1 and March 1.
* Shawan Robinson has scored in double figures in seven of his last eight games and is averaging 16.3 points per game during that time. Robinson continues to lead the ACC in FT %, and ranks third in the nation with a .923. It would be third best in ACC history for a season and the best in Clemson history. He is trying to become the first Clemson player to lead the ACC in free throw shooting since Jim Sutherland in 1966-67.
* Clemson and Virginia are a combined 23-5 when leading at halftime and 5-15 combined when they trail at intermission.
* Clemson has made 22 three-point goals to just 10 by the opposition over the last two games.
Clemson is 65th in the latest Sagarin rankings and Virginia stands 58th.
Tigers Battle Cavs Saturday
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS REMAIN #3 IN BOTH POLLSWith Ohio State losing and Michigan jumping to #2, idle Clemson sits at #3 in both of Sunday's polls.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:59 AM
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM