* Clemson is now 8-0 at home in its history on February 25, the only date on the calendar between January 1 and March 1 that Clemson has a perfect home record. *Clemson's 26-point victory was its largest in an ACC game since an 84-58 victory over Florida State on February 12, 2000.
* Clemson's 26-point victory was its largest margin of victory over Virginia since January 9, 1965 when Clemson won by 27 points (99-72) over the Cavaliers in Fike Fieldhouse.
* Clemson 26-point margin tied as the eighth largest margin of victory in Clemson history in an ACC game. It tied for the sixth largest margin of victory in an ACC home game.
* Clemson's defense forced 29 turnovers today, the most by a Clemson opponent since South Carolina State had 31 against the Tigers earlier this year. It was also the most committed by Virginia this year (24 vs. Arizona was previous high). But, it was the most forced by the Clemson defense in a game vs. an ACC opponent since March 6, 1969 when North Carolina committed 29 turnovers against Clemson in the ACC Tournament. North Carolina won that game 94-70 as Clemson committed 23 turnovers on offense in the same game and North Carolina won the rebounding 57-30.
* Today broke a streak of 15 consecutive games in which Clemson had been outside from the field by the opposition. Clemson shot 52.5 compared to Virginia's 43.8 percent.
* Clemson shot 52.5 percent from the field, its best percentage since the Tigers shot 54.1 percent in a loss to Duke back on January 14. This was also the first game since that Duke game that the Tigers shot at least 50 percent in each half.
* Vernon Hamilton had five steals in the game and now has 73 for the season, tying the single season record of 73 by Chris Whitney in 1992-93. Hamilton now has 191 steals for his career, second most in Clemson history. He went ahead of Derrick Johnson (188) and Grayson Marshall (189) in today's game and is now just three behind Terrell McIntyre's all-time record of 194 set between 1995-99.
* Clemson tied its victory total of last season (16) and tied its ACC win total of last season (5).
* Shawan Robinson scored 22 points today to match the number on his back. His 8-13 shooting performance was his best in a game since the season opener when he made 6-8 for 75 percent against Bethune Cookman. His 5-8 (62.5) three-point percentage was his best (min 5 attempts) since he made 4-6 in the opener against Bethune Cookman.
* Steve Allen shot a career best 5-5 from the field in today's game. His 11 points tied his career high and it was his career high in an ACC game. *Sam Perry scored 12 points today, his first double figure scoring game in an ACC game this year. It was his high total since he scored 13 in the third game of the year against South Carolina State.
* Julius Powell led Clemson in rebounding with six, the first time all year he has led Clemson in rebounding. Powell made 2-3 three point goals today. He had made just 10-41 three-point shots in Littlejohn Coliseum prior to today.
* Clemson out-rebounded Virginia today 34-32. The Cavs won the rebound margin 39-21 in the first meeting.
* Clemson had five players in double figures, including four non-guards. It was the first time Clemson had five players in double figures since the victory at Penn State on November 29, 2005 when Clemson also had five.
Clemson Over Virginia Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
3-22 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:14 AM
TIGERS TEE OFF ON C OF CRed-hot ACC Player of the Week Chris Williams hit his 4th and 5th home runs in 8 days and Beer and Davidson also went yard, as #6 Clemson won its 16th of the last 18 games.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 7:48 PM
BROWNELL REMAINS AT CLEMSONDespite widespread speculation about Brad Brownell's job security after a disappointing season, he will remain at Clemson for at least one more season.
CUTigers.comMonday at 10:08 AM
TIGERS TAKE SERIES!!!Pat Krall allows just one run and #9 Clemson slugs its way to its 15th win in the last 17 games, taking 2 of 3 from #11 UVA!
CUTigers.comSunday at 4:31 PM