• Through games of Wednesday, November 22, Clemson was ranked 19th in the Sagarin computer rankings in basketball and football. In addition, Through games of November 22, Clemson and Maryland were the only teams in the nation to win at least six games.
• Clemson has won its first six games for the second straight year. The Tigers won their first 11 games
last year. This is the third time in the last 10 years
Clemson has won its first six games of the season.
• K.C. Rivers is the only Clemson player to score in
double figures in every game so far this season.
He has done it without starting a single game. Rivers
has a 12/3 assist/turnover ratio over his last five
• Clemson senior point guard Vernon Hamilton now
has 212 steals in his career and just 199 fouls. He
has 11 steals and just six foulds this year. Hamilton
has nine assists and just two turnovers for his last
three games. He has played 93 minutes.
• Clemson has won six games in the month of November.
Another victory would give Clemson seven
wins in November for the first time in Clemson history.
The 1998-99 Clemson team won six games in
• Cliff Hammonds scored 20 points to lead Clemson
in scoring in the 69-66 win over Mississippi State. It was his first 20-point scoring game since he had 21
against Wake Forest on January 11, 2006. It was
the fifth 20-point scoring game of his career.
• Freshman Trevor Booker leads the team in field
goal percentage with a 67.5 figure (27-40). He has
shot at least 50 percent from the field in every game
and at least 66.7 percent in five of the six games.
• Clemson and Charleston Southern have one common
opponent so far this year. Clemson defeated
the Paladins 67-58 and Charleston Southern lost to
Furman in the season opener, 88-69.
• Charleston Southern has two players averaging in
double figures who were not in the starting lineup in
the most recent game against Asbury. Donnell
Covington averages 12.0 points per game and has
a 31/10 assist/turnover ratio, while Dwayne Jackson
has a 13.0 average and pulls in 5.4 rebounds
• James Mays is coming off his second double-double
of the season. The junior who has played in 17
consecutive Clemson victories, had 12 points and
17 rebounds in the win over Mississippi State.
• Clemson has a perfect 17-0 record against Charleston
Southern. It is the most victories without a loss
against any team Clemson has played in its history.
The teams first played in 1975-76 when Charleston
Southern was known as Baptist College.
•The teams first met during the 1975-
76 season, a 93-49 Tiger victory at Littlejohn
Coliseum. Charleston Southern was known as
Baptist College at that time. Tree Rollins had
12 points and 22 rebounds to lead Clemson to
•Clemson has won all previous
games in the series by at least double digits.
The closest game came during the 2000-01
season when Clemson won, 87-77. The Tigers
trailed at the half of that game, one of just two
contests in which Clemson trailed at
intermission against Charleston Southern.
•Clemson's average victory margin
against Charleston Southern has been 22.6
points per game for the 17 meetings. Clemson
has defeated Charleston Southern by at least
20 points in 10 of the 17 previous meetings.
Charleston Southern - Clemson Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutThursday at 10:00 AM