• Tuesday night's game will be Clemson's final game until after exams. The Tigers will not play a game between December 6-18. The 13 days without a game is the longest break during a season since December of 1967 when Clemson did not play a game between December 5-28, a 24-day stretch without a game.
• K.C. Rivers established a Clemson record for consecutive
double figure scoring games off the bench
when he scored 22 points at Minnesota. It was his
eighth straight double figure scoring game off the
bench breaking the Clemson record of seven in a
row by Dale Davis in 1988-89. Rivers continued
the streak at South Carolina with 10 points and now
has a nine-game streak to match Clemson's 9-0
• James Mays had a career high 21 points at South
Carolina thanks to 8-12 shooting from the field. His
top two scoring games as a Tiger have both come
against the Gamecocks. He had 19 as a sophomore
in a 19-point Clemson win.
• Wofford Head Coach Mike Young worked as a graduate
assistant at Radford under current Clemson
head coach Oliver Purnell in 1988-89. Two current
Wofford assistants, Dustin Kerns and Geoff Shyatt,
are Clemson graduates.
• Clemson is coming off a week in which it had back to back 20-point victories on the road. It marked
the first time in 56 years (1949-50 season) that
Clemson had consecutive road wins by 20 points or
• Wofford enters Tuesday's game with a 4-5 record.
The Terriers have lost four games in a row since
Drew Gibson, a 13.8 scorer suffered an injury. Their
last victory was a 91-90 triumph at Cincinnati on
• Clemson has won four consecutive games and 9-
10 over Wofford. Wofford's only victory came in
1999-00 at Clemson, a 79-74 victory behind 27
points by Ian Chadwick.
• Clemson was ranked ninth in the nation in the
Sagarin computer rankings and eighth in the
collegerpi rankings through games of December 2.
• Clemson has out-rebounded the opposition by nine
per game, on a Clemson record pace. The Tigers
have out-rebounded the opposition in eight of the
nine games so far this season.
• Vernon Hamilton played 35 minutes without a turnover
in the win at South Carolina. He now has 37
assists and just 22 turnovers this season.
• Clemson has won three consecutive games on the
opponent's homecourt the first time Clemson has
done that since the 1996-97 season.
Clemson vs. Wofford Series
• Clemson holds a 46-14 lead in the
series with Wofford. Clemson has won the last
four games in the series since a 79-74 Wofford
win at Clemson in 1999-00. The two teams
have played competitive games of late as each
of the last five games have been decided by
seven points or less. Clemson's four
consecutive wins have been by an average of
4.3 points per game.
• Clemson has won 9 of the last 10 in
the series dating to the 1947-48 season when
the two teams split a pair of games. The two
teams did not play between 1950 and 1990.
• The two teams first met in the 1911-
12 season, the first season of basketball at
Clemson. The Tigers won both of those games,
34-23 and 56-13, the third and fourth games in
Clemson basketball history, respectively. The
two teams then met three times the next year,
two wins by Clemson and one by Wofford.
Clemson won a 73-23 game at Clemson that
year, then lost to Wofford 22-21 in the next to
the last game of the season. It is the largest
disparity in a two-game same season series in
• Clemson won 11 straight games in
the series between 1934-39. The two teams
played 52 of the 60 games in the series
between 1912-49, including four times in 1929-
30. Clemson has a 30-7 record in the series at
Clemson and a 15-8 lead in the games played
• Clemson had to overcome a 14-point
first half deficit and an 11-point halftime deficit
to defeat Wofford during the 2001-02 season. It
marked just the second time since 1990 that
Clemson had overcome a double digit halftime
deficit to gain victory. The Tigers were
outscored 45-6 in points off three-point goals in
the game, but the Tigers won 85-82.
• Wofford defeated Clemson 79-74 in
the second game of the 1999-00 season behind
then head coach Richard Johnson, who is now
the athletic director at Wofford. Clemson had a
42-38 lead at intermission. The Terriers were
led by Ian Chadwick, who scored 27 points and
mad 7-13 three-point goals. Clemson was led
by guard Will Solomon, who scored 28 points.
Clemson had a +12 rebound margin and shot
19-21 from the foul line, but still lost.
Clemson - Wofford Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
WHAT WE ARE HEARING#3 Clemson has won 24 of its last 25, and the Tigers look to improve to 8-0 as they head to Tallahassee to take on ACC rival #12 Florida State.
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFB8:15 AM
ACC Media DayCUTigers was on hand in Charlotte for ACC Media Day on Wednesday. Watch Clemson Head Coach Brad Brownell, All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame and point guard Avry Holmes discuss…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:56 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM