• Clemson finished the regular season with a 6-5 road record. Clemson tied North Carolina for the ACC lead in road wins and the Tigers eight non-home victories are second to the Tar Heels' nine.
• Clemson has six wins against the RPI top 50, tied for 15th best in the nation.
• Clemson won three ACC road games this year, just the fourth time in the last 30 years Clemson had three league road wins in the same year.
• Clemson's victory against Miami (FL) on Feb. 28 gave the Tigers 20 wins for the first time since 1998- 99. It was the first 20-win season for Oliver Purnell at Clemson. He has now had at least one 20-win season at four different schools, one of just seven active Division I coaches to do it.
• Clemson's 21 wins so far this year stand as the most by a Clemson team in 10 years and tied for the third most in a regular season in school history.
• Clemson's 75-74 win over No. 21 Virginia Tech in Blacksburg to end the regular season was a landmark accomplishment. Clemson had been 1-70 over the last 20 years in ACC road games against teams that finish the season with a winning record and had never beaten an ACC team on the road that finished the regular season with at least 10 league wins. Clemson had also lost 43 in a row away from home and 35 in a row on the road against top 25 teams.
• Cliff Hammonds reached the 1,000-point mark in his career in the win over Virginia Tech with 17 points. His three-point goal that put him over the 1,000 mark was a key in Clemson's victory as it gave the Tigers 70-66 lead with under three minutes left. Hammonds and Vernon Hamilton are now both over 1,000 points in their careers. It is just the second time that the Tigers have had a starting backcourt with 1,000 point scorers. The only other occurrence was in 1997-98 when Greg Buckner and Terrell McIntyre did it.
• K.C. Rivers had 22 points and five three-point goals in the win over Virginia Tech. It was his first 20- point game since January 6 when he scored 20 against Virginia Tech. Clemson is now 20-4 when he scores in double figures and 1-5 when he doesn't.
• Cliff Hammonds has an ACC best 3.00 assist/turnover ratio a figure that is on pace to be the best in Clemson history. Hammonds has had more assists than turnovers in 11 straight games.
• James Mays has already established a Clemson season record for assists (79) and steals (61) by a frontcourt player.
• Clemson finished the regular season with an overtime victory against Miami (FL) and a one-point win at Virginia Tech. Clemson has four ACC wins by five points or less this year, the most by a Clemson team since 1989-90.
Clemson - FSU Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Dabo Swinney, Deshaun Watson and more Clemson coaches and players discuss their second consecutive ACC Championship on Saturday night!
PLAYOFF REPEAT FOR TIGERS#2 Clemson will join Alabama as the only two programs to make repeat trips to the College Football Playoff.
ANOTHER CLEMSON CHAMPIONSHIP!!!#3 Clemson held on to beat #23 Virginia Tech 42-35 for its first back-to-back ACC Titles in 28 years.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:52 PM
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP PRESS CONFERENCEWatch Dabo Swinney's Press Conference Prior to the ACC Championship Game Between #3 Clemson and #23 Virginia Tech!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 9:38 AM