• Clemson finished the regular season with a 6-5 road record. Clemson tied North Carolina for the ACC lead in road wins and the Tigers eight non-home victories are second to the Tar Heels' nine.
• Clemson has six wins against the RPI top 50, tied for 15th best in the nation.
• Clemson won three ACC road games this year, just the fourth time in the last 30 years Clemson had three league road wins in the same year.
• Clemson's victory against Miami (FL) on Feb. 28 gave the Tigers 20 wins for the first time since 1998- 99. It was the first 20-win season for Oliver Purnell at Clemson. He has now had at least one 20-win season at four different schools, one of just seven active Division I coaches to do it.
• Clemson's 21 wins so far this year stand as the most by a Clemson team in 10 years and tied for the third most in a regular season in school history.
• Clemson's 75-74 win over No. 21 Virginia Tech in Blacksburg to end the regular season was a landmark accomplishment. Clemson had been 1-70 over the last 20 years in ACC road games against teams that finish the season with a winning record and had never beaten an ACC team on the road that finished the regular season with at least 10 league wins. Clemson had also lost 43 in a row away from home and 35 in a row on the road against top 25 teams.
• Cliff Hammonds reached the 1,000-point mark in his career in the win over Virginia Tech with 17 points. His three-point goal that put him over the 1,000 mark was a key in Clemson's victory as it gave the Tigers 70-66 lead with under three minutes left. Hammonds and Vernon Hamilton are now both over 1,000 points in their careers. It is just the second time that the Tigers have had a starting backcourt with 1,000 point scorers. The only other occurrence was in 1997-98 when Greg Buckner and Terrell McIntyre did it.
• K.C. Rivers had 22 points and five three-point goals in the win over Virginia Tech. It was his first 20- point game since January 6 when he scored 20 against Virginia Tech. Clemson is now 20-4 when he scores in double figures and 1-5 when he doesn't.
• Cliff Hammonds has an ACC best 3.00 assist/turnover ratio a figure that is on pace to be the best in Clemson history. Hammonds has had more assists than turnovers in 11 straight games.
• James Mays has already established a Clemson season record for assists (79) and steals (61) by a frontcourt player.
• Clemson finished the regular season with an overtime victory against Miami (FL) and a one-point win at Virginia Tech. Clemson has four ACC wins by five points or less this year, the most by a Clemson team since 1989-90.
Clemson - FSU Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Pagano to TransferAfter helping Clemson win a National Championship and earning his degree, Scott Pagano has decided it is time for him to move on.
CUTigers.comFriday at 11:58 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 8:40 AM
TIGERS TAKE A W FROM WAKEAfter back-to-back heartbreaking losses to Syracuse and Duke, the Tigers built a 21-point lead on Wake Forest and won by 12 to complete the season sweep of the Deacs and keep their…
CUTigers.comTuesday at 8:09 PM
DEJA BLUEFor the second straight game, Clemson had the lead or a chance to win on the final possession of the game and came up just short. This time, it was against #18 Duke in the most…
NATIONAL SIGNING DAY HQKeep it right here for all of the latest developments on National Signing Day in Clemson!