• Clemson finished the regular season with a 6-5 road record. Clemson tied North Carolina for the ACC lead in road wins and the Tigers eight non-home victories are second to the Tar Heels' nine.
• Clemson has six wins against the RPI top 50, tied for 15th best in the nation.
• Clemson won three ACC road games this year, just the fourth time in the last 30 years Clemson had three league road wins in the same year.
• Clemson's victory against Miami (FL) on Feb. 28 gave the Tigers 20 wins for the first time since 1998- 99. It was the first 20-win season for Oliver Purnell at Clemson. He has now had at least one 20-win season at four different schools, one of just seven active Division I coaches to do it.
• Clemson's 21 wins so far this year stand as the most by a Clemson team in 10 years and tied for the third most in a regular season in school history.
• Clemson's 75-74 win over No. 21 Virginia Tech in Blacksburg to end the regular season was a landmark accomplishment. Clemson had been 1-70 over the last 20 years in ACC road games against teams that finish the season with a winning record and had never beaten an ACC team on the road that finished the regular season with at least 10 league wins. Clemson had also lost 43 in a row away from home and 35 in a row on the road against top 25 teams.
• Cliff Hammonds reached the 1,000-point mark in his career in the win over Virginia Tech with 17 points. His three-point goal that put him over the 1,000 mark was a key in Clemson's victory as it gave the Tigers 70-66 lead with under three minutes left. Hammonds and Vernon Hamilton are now both over 1,000 points in their careers. It is just the second time that the Tigers have had a starting backcourt with 1,000 point scorers. The only other occurrence was in 1997-98 when Greg Buckner and Terrell McIntyre did it.
• K.C. Rivers had 22 points and five three-point goals in the win over Virginia Tech. It was his first 20- point game since January 6 when he scored 20 against Virginia Tech. Clemson is now 20-4 when he scores in double figures and 1-5 when he doesn't.
• Cliff Hammonds has an ACC best 3.00 assist/turnover ratio a figure that is on pace to be the best in Clemson history. Hammonds has had more assists than turnovers in 11 straight games.
• James Mays has already established a Clemson season record for assists (79) and steals (61) by a frontcourt player.
• Clemson finished the regular season with an overtime victory against Miami (FL) and a one-point win at Virginia Tech. Clemson has four ACC wins by five points or less this year, the most by a Clemson team since 1989-90.
Clemson - FSU Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 6:20 PM
RECRUITING RADAR: National Champion EditionIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 7:38 AM
POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney, players and coaches discuss their historic National Championship win over #1 Alabama.
Clemson National Championship PCIn arguably the greatest National Championship Game ever played in the first rematch ever, Clemson turned the tables on Alabama to reclaim its #1 ranking and win its second…