Series: Tied at 1-1
at Norfolk: Clemson leads 1-0
at Clemson: Old Dominion leads 1-0
at Littlejohn: Old Dominion leads 1-0
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: ODU, 61-59 in 1978-79
Last Meeting: Clemson, 74-70 in 2006-07
* Clemson Head Coach Oliver Purnell led Old Dominion to the Division II national championship in 1974-75 and was inducted into the Monarchs' Hall of Fame in 1988. He served as head coach at his alma mater from 1991-94, leading the Monarchs to an NCAA Tournament and two NIT appearances.
* Assistant Head Coach Frank Smith was an honorable mention All-American at Old Dominion, and is still the school's all-time leader in assists and steals. Both he and Purnell were named to ODU's all-time team in 2006.
* The Tigers defeated the Monarchs last season, 74-70, in Norfolk in the championship game of the four-team Cox Communications Classic. James Mays was MVP of the tournament, while Cliff Hammonds earned All-Tournament honors.
* In last year's meeting, five Tigers scored in double figures, led by Vernon Hamilton with 13 points. Clemson held ODU to 37 percent shooting and shot 41 percent from three-point range. Hammonds hit 3-for-4 from deep in that game.
* Clemson was #1 in the Jeff Sagarin computer rating on Friday, November 16. It marks the second straight year the Tigers have achieved a #1 rating in the computer system.
* The Tigers are coming off a tough road win at SEC foe Mississippi State. Clemson hit 11 of its last 12 free throws and won by a final score of 84-82. James Mays posted a double-double in the game.
* Hammonds has picked up right where he left off in terms of assist-to-turnover ratio. The senior from Cairo, GA has 10 assists this season with no turnovers in 63 minutes played.
* Clemson's three scholarship freshmen combined to make 17 of 20 free throw attempts in the game versus Mississippi State. Demontez Stitt was 8-8, including 6-6 in the final minute. Terrence Oglesby was 6-9, while Jerai sank all three of his attempts.
* Oglesby is averaging 12.5 points per game off the bench through two contests. He tied Rivers for team-high honors with 17 points at Mississippi State. He hit 3-7 three-point attempts in the game, including several kep baskets down the stretch.
* The Tigers have forced 56 turnovers through two games, including 37 versus Furman in the opener.
* Clemson was 18-1 last year against non-conference teams, and is 2-0 this year.
* Clemson has a 20-1 record in the month of November under Oliver Purnell and has won 15 games in a row in the month. Clemson is 83-15 all-time in November.
* The Tigers are 26th in poll points by USA Today and 27th by the Associated Press this week.
NOTES: Clemson vs. Old Dominion
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 6:20 PM
RECRUITING RADAR: National Champion EditionIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 7:38 AM
POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney, players and coaches discuss their historic National Championship win over #1 Alabama.
Clemson National Championship PCIn arguably the greatest National Championship Game ever played in the first rematch ever, Clemson turned the tables on Alabama to reclaim its #1 ranking and win its second…
NATIONAL CHAMPS AGAIN!!!In perhaps the greatest National Championship Game of all time, Clemson avenged its 2016 National Championship Game loss to Alabama and captured its 2nd National Title in school…