Overall: Clemson leads 2-0
at Gardner-Webb: None played
at Clemson: Clemson leads 2-0
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 2-0
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: Clemson, 71-61, in 2002-03
Last Meeting: Clemson, 86-55, in 2003-04
are 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll and 24th in the
Associated Press poll. Clemson is ranked in both football and men's
basketball in the same week for the first time since November 18,
* Clemson was 18-1 last year against non-conference teams, and is 4-0
so far this season. The Tiger program is 23-5 all-time versus
schools currently in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
* Clemson has a 22-1 record in the month of November under Oliver
Purnell and has won 17 games in a row in the month. Clemson is 85-15
all-time in November.
* Clemson and Gardner-Webb will be meeting for the third time in the
series history this Saturday. The Tigers hold a 2-0 advantage over
the Runnin' Bulldogs. The two meetings were in consecutive seasons,
2002-03 and 2003-04.
* The Tigers won the 2003-04 meeting by a score of 86-55, in Oliver
Purnell's first game as head coach at Clemson. Chris Hobbs posted 17
points and nine rebounds in the Tiger victory.
* As a team, the Tigers lead the conference in steals (14.75 per
game) and offensive rebounding (18 per game). Clemson ranks second
in the ACC in turnover margin (+8.5).
* Clemson has forced 101 turnovers through four games this season, an
average of over 25 per game. The Tigers forced Furman into 37
turnovers in the season opener.
* The Tigers are shooting 37 percent from three-point range and 71
percent from the free throw line through four games.
* Cliff Hammonds leads the ACC in assist-to-turnover ratio with a 4:1
figure. He was second in the league in the category last season as a
* Trevor Booker moved into 10th place on Clemson's all-time blocked
shots list after just 40 career games. He has 90 for his career, two
more than Raymond Jones had from 1980-85. He needs just three to
pass Akin Akingbala for ninth place.
* K.C. Rivers ranks among the ACC leaders in three-point accuracy and
three-point goals per game. He is fourth in accuracy (55 percent)
and fifth with 2.75 made per game. He leads the Tigers in scoring
again this season.
* James Mays ranks second in the ACC in steals per game. He is
averaging 3.3 per game and now ranks 13th on the school's all-time
steals list with 129. He needs just three to pass Edward Scott for
12th place on the list. Mays also ranks second in the ACC in
offensive rebounds per game.
No. 22 Tigers Take on Gardner-Webb
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS REMAIN #3 IN BOTH POLLSWith Ohio State losing and Michigan jumping to #2, idle Clemson sits at #3 in both of Sunday's polls.
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM