Overall: South Carolina leads 86-71
at Clemson: Clemson leads 43-30
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 18-7
at South Carolina: South Carolina leads 53-25
at Neutral Sites: Tied 3-3
First Meeting: South Carolina 39-18 at Columbia in 1912-13
Last Meeting: Clemson 74-53 at Columbia in 2006-07
Streak: Clemson won 3 in a row
• Clemson has defeated South Carolina each of the last three years, including consecutive wins by at least 19 points.
• Oliver Purnell has a lifetime record of 4-1 against South Carolina, including 3-1 at Clemson. Dave Odom has a lifetime record of 22-11 against Clemson. He has more career wins against the Tigers than any other school.
• Clemson has opened with a 6-0 record. It is the third straight year Clemson has won at least its first six games. Clemson opened 17-0 last year.
• Clemson will be without 2006-07 starters James Mays and Sam Perry for Saturday's game with South Carolina. Mays missed the Purdue game with a hip injury and will be out until at least the tournament in Puerto Rico, December 20-22. Perry had knee surgery in November and also will be out until the games in Puerto Rico.
• Clemson is shooting 40.3 percent on three-point shots for the first six games of the year. Starting guards K.C. Rivers and Cliff Hammonds are both shooting at least 45 percent from 3-point range.
• Sophomore David Potter has made 9-12 three-point shots so far this year. He made just seven three-point goals all of last year (in 41 attempts). His scoring average of 6.3 per game is up from 2.1 per game last year.
• Trevor Booker needs just three blocked shots to reach 100 for his career. He needs just two to go ahead of Larry Nance on the Clemson all-time list. Nance had 98 between 1977-81 before going on to become the number-one shot blocking forward in NBA history.
• South Carolina guard Branden Conrad is the son of former Clemson point guard Bobby Conrad. Conrad helped Clemson to the Elite Eight of the 1980 NCAA Tournament and is in the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame.
• Clemson is ranked 18th in both polls this week. This is the highest ranking Clemson has had entering a game with South Carolina since the 1996-97 season when Clemson was eighth. Clemson is 5-0 in its history as a ranked team against South Carolina.
• Cliff Hammonds has a 25/7 assist/turnover ratio, first in the ACC. He is now fourth in Clemson history in career assist/turnover ratio.
• K.C. Rivers had a double double against Purdue with 18 points and 12 rebounds. It was his second career double-double, but his second in the last 10 games.
• Clemson's seniors can become the first senior class to sweep South Carolina since the seniors of the 1999-00 season. Clemson won six in a row from 1994-95 through 1999-00.
South Carolina - Clemson Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS REMAIN #3 IN BOTH POLLSWith Ohio State losing and Michigan jumping to #2, idle Clemson sits at #3 in both of Sunday's polls.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:59 AM
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM