The Tigers hold a 2-0 advantage in the series, as the games were played 10 years apart (1980-81, 1990-91).
* The Tigers are ranked in the top 25 by both polls again this week. Clemson is #20 according to the USA Today coaches' poll and #21 by the Associated Press.
* Clemson scored 90 points on back-to-back days versus Puerto Rico-Mayaguez and DePaul. It marked the first time since the 1986-87 season the Tiger basketball program scored at least 90 in consecutive days.
* Six players reached double figures for Clemson in its 90-74 win over DePaul on Dec. 21. It was the first time since the 2002-03 season Clemson had six scorers in double figures in the same game.
* James Mays and Sam Perry returned to action for the Tigers at the San Juan Shootout. Perry played in all three games after missing six in a row following knee surgery. Mays played 16 second-half minutes against Ole Miss in the championship game and blocked a pair of shots. Mays missed five games in a row due to a hip sprain suffered against Gardner-Webb on Nov. 24.
* K.C. Rivers was named all-tournament for the 2007 edition of the San Juan Shootout. He averaged 16.7 points and 7.0 rebounds per game and led the Tigers to a 2-1 record in the three-game event.
* Terrence Oglesby was named ACC Rookie-of-the-Week on Dec. 24 after averaging 17.7 points per game at the San Juan Shootout. He has scored at least 20 points in three of Clemson's last four games.
* Oglesby became the first player in Clemson history to score more points than minutes played in consecutive games. He had 22 points in 21 minutes at East Carolina on Dec. 5, then posted 21 in 19 minutes versus Puerto Rico-Mayaguez on Dec. 20.
* Raymond Sykes has set his career-high for scoring in four consecutive games. It began Dec. 5 when he scored eight in a win over East Carolina. He then, in succession, posted 11, 12, and 17 points in the three-game San Juan Shootout. He made 8-of-8 field goal attempts in the Ole Miss game on Dec. 22.
* Cliff Hammonds has 211 career three-point goals, and needs just three in Saturday's game to tie Will Solomon for second place in school history. Terrell McIntyre (1995-99) is Clemson's all-time leader with 259 three-point goals in his career.
* Hammonds leads the ACC in assist-to-turnover ratio with a 3.29 figure. He ranks third in school history and is fresh off a season-high nine assists against Ole Miss.
* Trevor Booker ranks second in the ACC in both rebounds per game (9.5) and blocked shots per game (2.45). Booker was second last season in blocks. He has six double figure rebound totals in the first 11 games of the season to lead the Tigers.
Clemson - Samford Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Blossomgame Drafted by SpursFormer Clemson All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame was the penultimate pick in Thursday night's NBA Draft, going #59 overall to the San Antonio Spurs.
CUTigers.comFriday at 7:00 AM
ANOTHER 4-STAR IS ALL IN4-Star 2018 CB Kyler McMichael is the Tigers' 10th commitment of the 2018 class and 8th of 4 or 5 stars!
CUTigers.comFriday at 5:52 AM
6-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 3:07 PM
6-17 RECRUITING RADAR: DABO CAMP IIIn this week's Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front, straight from the second week…