• A victory for Clemson at Georgia Tech would tie the Clemson record for ACC wins in a season. The 1986-87 and 1989-90 Clemson teams were both 10-4. The overall Clemson record for conference wins in a season is 11, set by Banks McFadden's 1951-52 team that was 11-4 in the Southern Conference.
• Clemson will play Georgia Tech on the Yellow Jackets "Senior Night". Clemson has won a road senior night game each of the last three years, including last Sunday when Clemson won at Maryland's Senior Night. Clemson won on Virginia Tech's Senior Night each of the last two years. Clemson last won on Georgia Tech's Senior Night in 1996-97.
• Cliff Hammonds played in his 81st Clemson victory when the Tigers defeated Maryland. He is now the second winningest player in Clemson history trailing only Elden Campbell who played in 84 wins from 1986-90.
• Clemson's win at Maryland was a landmark accomplishment in that the Tigers trailed by 20 points (59-39) with 11:21 left, then came back to win the game. It was the largest second half deficit overcome to gain victory in Clemson history and the largest comeback in any ACC game in school history.
• Clemson's senior class won its 10th ACC road game when it won at Maryland. That is a record for ACC road wins for a Clemson class.
• Clemson has a 6-2 record since Sam Perry was incerted into the starting lineup on February 2.
• Oliver Purnell now has an 11-9 record in March, the only Clemson coach with a winning March record since 1940.
• Since down-sizing and then eliminating the protective brace on his broken left hand on Feb. 27, James Mays has shot 13-20 from the field, scored 30 points, had 14 rebounds and had five steals. For the year he has shot 52.4 percent without the brace and 43.4 with it on.
• The victory at Maryland gave Clemson nine ACC wins and 21 overall wins. Every ACC team in history with at least nine league wins and 20 overall wins has been selected for the NCAA Tournament.
• Terrence Oglesby made the winning three-point goal at Maryland with 2.3 seconds remaining. He was named ACC Rookie of the Week. Oglesby leads the Clemson team in scoring in the last five minutes of games decided by 10 points or less or in overtime with 41 points. He has 70 three-point goals, five short of the Clemson freshman record of 75 set by Tony Stockman in 2000-01.
• Georgia Tech has a 56-54 lead in the series with Clemson, including Clemson's 82-67 win at Clemson on Feb. 14. Clemson swept the two games series in 2005-06, the first time since 1996-97 that Clemson won the season series
from Georgia Tech with a sweep. Clemson will be attempting to get another sweep when the Tigers travel to Georgia Tech on Thursday. Clemson has won four of the last five with Tech's only win coming at Tech last year.
• Tech swept Clemson in Paul Hewitt's first year at Georgia Tech (2000-01), the first time the Yellow Jackets had swept the Tigers since 1985-86. Tech swept Clemson three of the first five years Hewitt had been at Tech and the Yellow Jacket mentor is 9-6 against Clemson.
• Clemson has a 37-15 lead in games played at Clemson and a 28-8 margin in games in Littlejohn Coliseum. Clemson has won 17 of the last 23 between the two teams played at Clemson. Clemson has more wins in Littlejohn Coliseum against Georgia Tech than any other ACC school.
• The two teams played a road-win split series in 2001-02. But this has been a home-team series, perhaps the most home-team-dominated series in the ACC the last 20 years. The home team has won 33 of the last 43 meetings. Clemson has won 71 percent of the games played at Clemson, while Georgia Tech has won 70 percent of the games played in Atlanta.
• Clemson has just five wins at Georgia
Tech in the last 23 years. That includes the victory in 2005-06 under Oliver Purnell. The 55-53 win in 1996-97, the 83-80 win in 1992-93 and the 67-66 win in 1986-87 are the others. Overall, Clemson is 18-39 in games played at Tech.
• There has been a home team victory season split 14 times since 1982-83, including last year.
• Tech entered the ACC in 1979-80. Since that season the teams have met 59 times and Clemson has a 31-28 lead. Clemson won the first six games in the series when Tech joined the ACC, including a victory at The Omni in January of 1981. Georgia Tech is the only team Clemson has beaten in the first conference meeting.
• Clemson won 14 in a row in the series
from 1971-72 to 1981-82. Tech began play in the ACC in 1979-80, so some of those games
NOTES: Clemson at Georgia Tech
CUTigers.com Top Stories
3-22 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 11:14 AM
TIGERS TEE OFF ON C OF CRed-hot ACC Player of the Week Chris Williams hit his 4th and 5th home runs in 8 days and Beer and Davidson also went yard, as #6 Clemson won its 16th of the last 18 games.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 7:48 PM
BROWNELL REMAINS AT CLEMSONDespite widespread speculation about Brad Brownell's job security after a disappointing season, he will remain at Clemson for at least one more season.
TIGERS TAKE SERIES!!!Pat Krall allows just one run and #9 Clemson slugs its way to its 15th win in the last 17 games, taking 2 of 3 from #11 UVA!
TIGERS LAND 4-STAR COMMIT!Defending National Champion Clemson received its 6th commitment of the 2018 class--5 of them 4-stars or better--in 4-star DE Justin Mascoll!