* Oliver Purnell has won seven games decided in the last 20 seconds since he became Clemson Head Coach in 2003-04 and three of the seven have taken place against Virginia Tech. Demontez Stitt made two free throws with 3.8 seconds left to give Clemson the 70-69 victory on Sunday. Last year, K.C. Rivers scored a jump shot with 18 seconds proved to be the game winner in a 75-74 win. In 2005 on Senior Night a Clemson, Sharrod Ford scored on a dunk at the buzzer to give Clemson a 66-64 victory.
* Clemson finished the year without a two-game losing streak in ACC play. This is the first time in 55 years of ACC basketball that Clemson has gone through an entire league schedule without losing back-to-back games.
* Clemson has faced Virginia Tech on a Senior Day four consecutive years, two at Clemson and two at Virginia Tech and has won all four.
* Clemson tied a school record for ACC wins in a season with 10. The 1986-87 team and 1989-90 teams were both 10-4.
* Clemson will have the #3 seed in the ACC Tournament next week. This is the highest seed for the Tigers since the 1990 Tournament when Clemson was seeded number-one for the only time in its history. This is just the seventh time Clemson has been a top three seed, the first since 1990.
* Cliff Hammonds established a Clemson record for games played today by playing his 130th contest. He broke the record of 129 by Tom Wideman and Harold Jamison set between 1995-99.
oClemson is now 4-0 on senior day under Oliver Purnell.
* Today was the 82nd victory for this senior class, second on the all-time list behind the 84 by the 1990 seniors led by Elden Campbell. Campbell will be Clemson's legend representative at the ACC Tournament this year. The class finishes with 29 regular season ACC wins, tied for second in school history. The record is 32 by the seniors of 1990.
* Terrence Oglesby made five three-point goals in today's game and now has a freshman record 77 for the season. Today, he broke the Clemson freshmen record of 75 by Tony Stockman in 2000-01.
* K.C. Rivers made just one three-point goal today, but it was his 200th as a Clemson player.
oClemson made just 11-21 free throws today, but made 5-7 inside the last five minutes.
* Clemson won bench scoring 50-17 today. The 50 points off the bench were the most by a Clemson team this year.
* Clemson won its last seven ACC home games to end the season. This is tied for the fourth longest ACC home winning streak in school history and the longest since a record 13 straight ACC home wins over 1989-90.
* Clemson finished the regular season with a 22-8 record. This is the most wins at the end of the regular season since the 1989-90 Clemson team won 23. The record for wins in the regular season is 25 set by the 1986-87 Clemson team.
Tigers Beat Hokies Postgame Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS REMAIN #3 IN BOTH POLLSWith Ohio State losing and Michigan jumping to #2, idle Clemson sits at #3 in both of Sunday's polls.
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM