• Clemson tied a school record for ACC wins with 10 when it defeated Virginia Tech on March 9. The 1986-87 and 1989-90 Clemson teams also won 10 in the regular season. The school record for conference wins in a season is 11 set by the 1951-52 team that finished 11-4 in the Southern.
• Clemson has the number-three seed for the ACC Tournament,
Clemson's highest seed since 1990 when Clemson
was the number-one seed for he only time in its history.
That 1990 Tournament was played in Charlotte.
• Clemson has a 3-11 record in ACC Tournament games
in Charlotte. One of the wins was an upset of #2 seed
Florida State in 1993.
• This is just the 12th time Clemson has been a top four
seed and just the seventh time it has been a top 3 seed.
This is the first time Clemson has had a bye in the first
round since the league went to at least 11 teams.
• K.C. Rivers was a second-team All-ACC selection and
Cliff Hammonds made third team this year. It is the first
time Clemson has had two All-ACC players on the same
team since 1998 when Greg Buckner was second team
and Terrell McIntyre was third team.
• Clemson has not been to the NCAA Tournament in 10
years. The last time was 1998 when Clemson lost in the
first round to Western Michigan under Head Coach Rick
Barnes. Clemson went to the Sweet 16 in 1997.
• This Clemson senior class has a record of 82-48. The 82
wins rank second in school history behind the 84 wins
recorded by the 1989-90 seniors. This senior class has
the record for ACC road wins with 10 and is tied for
second in ACC wins with 29.
• This year's Clemson team did not lose consecutive ACC
games all year. It is the first Clemson team in its 55 year
ACC history that has gone through the league schedule
without suffering back to back losses.
• Cliff Hammonds made first-team Academic All-ACC
and third-team All-ACC on the court this year. He is
the first Clemson player to make an All-ACC team and
earn Academic All-ACC honors in the same year since
1967 (Randy Mahaffey and Jim Sutherland).
• Since down-sizing and then eliminating the protective
brace on his broken left hand on Feb. 27, James Mays
has shot 23-41 from the field, scored 56 points, had 27
rebounds and six steals in four games.
• In each of Clemson's last two wins a freshman has scored
the winning points inside the last four seconds. Terrence
Oglesby hit a three-point goal with 2.3 seconds
left to win at Maryland and Demontez Stitt scored two
free throws with 3.8 seconds left to beat Virginia Tech.
• K.C. Rivers and Cliff Hammonds are two of the top five
3-point goal scorers in Clemson history.
•Clemson has been to the ACC Championship game
just once, losing to Wake Forest and point guard Billy
Packer in 1962.
Clemson to Face Eagles in Tourney
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS TAKE GAME TWO 11-0!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comSaturday at 2:30 PM
4-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 11:20 AM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 8:16 PM
ANOTHER 11TH INNING WALK-OFF WIN FOR TIGERS!#4 Clemson beat Charleston Southern 6-5 for its second 11-inning win of the season in walk-off fashion, thanks to the bull pen, Logan Davidson, Reed Rohlman and Rudy Cox, who…