• Clemson tied a school record for ACC wins with 10 when it defeated Virginia Tech on March 9. The 1986-87 and 1989-90 Clemson teams also won 10 in the regular season. The school record for conference wins in a season is 11 set by the 1951-52 team that finished 11-4 in the Southern.
• Clemson has the number-three seed for the ACC Tournament,
Clemson's highest seed since 1990 when Clemson
was the number-one seed for he only time in its history.
That 1990 Tournament was played in Charlotte.
• Clemson has a 3-11 record in ACC Tournament games
in Charlotte. One of the wins was an upset of #2 seed
Florida State in 1993.
• This is just the 12th time Clemson has been a top four
seed and just the seventh time it has been a top 3 seed.
This is the first time Clemson has had a bye in the first
round since the league went to at least 11 teams.
• K.C. Rivers was a second-team All-ACC selection and
Cliff Hammonds made third team this year. It is the first
time Clemson has had two All-ACC players on the same
team since 1998 when Greg Buckner was second team
and Terrell McIntyre was third team.
• Clemson has not been to the NCAA Tournament in 10
years. The last time was 1998 when Clemson lost in the
first round to Western Michigan under Head Coach Rick
Barnes. Clemson went to the Sweet 16 in 1997.
• This Clemson senior class has a record of 82-48. The 82
wins rank second in school history behind the 84 wins
recorded by the 1989-90 seniors. This senior class has
the record for ACC road wins with 10 and is tied for
second in ACC wins with 29.
• This year's Clemson team did not lose consecutive ACC
games all year. It is the first Clemson team in its 55 year
ACC history that has gone through the league schedule
without suffering back to back losses.
• Cliff Hammonds made first-team Academic All-ACC
and third-team All-ACC on the court this year. He is
the first Clemson player to make an All-ACC team and
earn Academic All-ACC honors in the same year since
1967 (Randy Mahaffey and Jim Sutherland).
• Since down-sizing and then eliminating the protective
brace on his broken left hand on Feb. 27, James Mays
has shot 23-41 from the field, scored 56 points, had 27
rebounds and six steals in four games.
• In each of Clemson's last two wins a freshman has scored
the winning points inside the last four seconds. Terrence
Oglesby hit a three-point goal with 2.3 seconds
left to win at Maryland and Demontez Stitt scored two
free throws with 3.8 seconds left to beat Virginia Tech.
• K.C. Rivers and Cliff Hammonds are two of the top five
3-point goal scorers in Clemson history.
•Clemson has been to the ACC Championship game
just once, losing to Wake Forest and point guard Billy
Packer in 1962.
Clemson to Face Eagles in Tourney
CUTigers.com Top Stories
3-22 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 11:14 AM
TIGERS TEE OFF ON C OF CRed-hot ACC Player of the Week Chris Williams hit his 4th and 5th home runs in 8 days and Beer and Davidson also went yard, as #6 Clemson won its 16th of the last 18 games.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 7:48 PM
BROWNELL REMAINS AT CLEMSONDespite widespread speculation about Brad Brownell's job security after a disappointing season, he will remain at Clemson for at least one more season.
CUTigers.comMonday at 10:08 AM
TIGERS TAKE SERIES!!!Pat Krall allows just one run and #9 Clemson slugs its way to its 15th win in the last 17 games, taking 2 of 3 from #11 UVA!
CUTigers.comSunday at 4:31 PM
TIGERS LAND 4-STAR COMMIT!Defending National Champion Clemson received its 6th commitment of the 2018 class--5 of them 4-stars or better--in 4-star DE Justin Mascoll!