* In the all-time series between the Tigers and the Wolfpack, Clemson now owns a 49-27-1 lead, including a 21-11 advantage in games at Clemson and an 18-11 lead in games played at Death Valley. Three of the four last games have been decided by at least 18 points, although eight of the last 11 games were decided by eight points or less. Tommy Bowden is 7-3 against NC State, with a 4-1 ledger against the Wolfpack in Death Valley.
* With today's win, Clemson ties its record for consecutive wins in a series with five. Clemson's five-game winning streak is its longest active streak over any ACC team. It is the first time Clemson has swept an ACC opponent five straight years since the Tigers swept Duke five straight between 1999-03. The current senior class is only the sixth Tiger senior class to sweep NC State four times.
* Jacoby Ford tallied a career-best 106 yards receiving on six passes, and added 48 rushing yards on two carries. The receptions, receiving yardage, and rushing yardage are career-highs for the wide receiver. He finished the game with 154 all-purpose yards.
* Aaron Kelly added seven receptions to his career totals in today's game, putting him only 38 receptions away from becoming the ACC's career leader for receptions. He entered the game against the Wolfpack ranked second among active ACC players in reception yards with 2,011, and added 94 yards for a total of 2,105 career receiving yards. The senior from Marietta, GA, also ranks second among active ACC players in reception touchdowns with 16.
* In his second start, sophomore Jarvis Jenkins recorded his second career sack, and blocked a PAT by NC State in the first quarter. Previously, the sophomore from Clemson, SC, most notably posted a sack in his first game at Clemson in 2007, against then-#19 Florida State.
* Ricky Sapp had his 10th career sack in today's win over the Wolfpack. The junior from Bamberg, SC, entered the 2008 season ranked eighth among active ACC players.
* With today's performance, Jimmy Maners has four career games with two or more punts of greater than 50 yards. In 2007, the graduate student from Rock Hill, SC, recorded three punts of more than 50 yards at Georgia Tech and against Virginia Tech, then tallied two punts of more than 50 yards in the Tigers' bowl game against Auburn. Despite those numbers, the Tigers are 1-3 against their opponents when Maners has at least two punts of more than 50 yards.
* Freshman Brandon Thompson recorded his first career pass break-up in the fourth quarter. The defensive tackle from Thomasville, GA, now has four career tackles as a Tiger, with two quarterback pressures, two tackles for loss and one pass break-up.
* Tyler Grisham now has 1,123 yards on 105 catches over his Clemson career. In 2008, the senior from Birmingham, AL, has 10 catches for 105 yards. He is tied for 13th with Travis Zachary for Clemson career receptions (105), and moved into 21st on Clemson's all-time list for receiving yards.
* With his fourth quarter rushing touchdown, CJ Spiller recorded the third game in which he has had both a rushing touchdown and a passing touchdown in the same game. Ironically, two of the three games were against NC State (2008, 2007), with the third occurrence against Georgia Tech during the 2006 season.
* Junior Chris Chancellor intercepted a NC State pass and returned it a career-best 71 yards to end a Wolfpack scoring threat as well as the game. It was the first interception of the season for the cornerback from Miramar, FL, and his fifth career interception. Today's pick against the Wolfpack is the second of his career against NC State, as he also recorded an interception in the 2007 game against NC State.
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout Football5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 3:20 PM
MONDAY WEST ZONE INTERVIEWSWatch Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman and Tony Elliott discuss the upcoming showdown with Florida State!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 2:56 PM