He then tied the Clemson career record of 18 with a 31-yard play that gave the Tigers a 17-14 lead. Glenn Smith also had 18 career touchdown receptions from 1949-51.
* Aaron Kelly is now tied for fourth in ACC history with 200 career receptions. Jerricho Cotchery also had 200 career catches for NC State from 2000-03.
* Kelly went over the 100-yard mark in reception yards for the first time this season with 119 yards on seven catches.
* With his two touchdowns passes to Aaron Kelly, Cullen Harper moved into a tie with Nealon Greene for third place in the Clemson annals with 35 over his career. Charlie Whitehurst holds the school record with 49, set from 2002-05.
* Mark Buchholz' 40-yard field goal in the second quarter was his longest attempt of the season. Buchholz converted on a 52-yard attempt against Wake Forest in 2007 for his career long.
* Buchholz remained perfect on kicks for the season, making his only field goal attempt and converting two extra points. He is now 7-for-7 on field goals and 22-22 on PATs and extended his consecutive extra points streak to 70 straight, two shy of Chris Gardocki's record 72.
* Michael Hamlin recorded the first sack of his career late in the second quarter. The play was a nine-yard loss for the Yellow Jackets.
* Marcus Gilchrist earned his first career start on Saturday and had a 46-yard return on the first kickoff return of his career. It was the second longest kickoff return for the Tigers this season.
* Tyler Grisham's pass in the first quarter was the first pass attempt for Clemson by a non quarterback since 2005. Chansi Stuckey was the passer on that play three years ago.
* Clemson had four turnovers in the first half, which was more than the Tigers had previously committed in a game this season. The turnovers included one fumble and three interceptions, thrown by three different players.
* When Clemson caused a Georgia Tech fumble in the second quarter on Saturday, the pair of Tigers involved both achieved career firsts. Jock McKissic caused the fumble and Brandon Maye recovered the ball. Maye had a caused fumble earlier this season. The same was true for the Yellow Jacket fumble in the second half. Dorell Scott has two fumble recoveries in his career but it was the first he had caused, while Kavell Conner recovered the ball. Prior to Saturday's game, the Tigers had recovered just one fumble in 2008. Maye had another fumble recovery and thus tied a Clemson record for fumble recoveries in a game with two.
* In his first career start, Willy Korn was 4-for-6 with an interception for 28 yards before leaving the game with a shoulder injury.
* James Davis tied a career high with five receptions today. He also had five against Wake Forest in 2005.
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Where Does Clemson Rank All-Time?Clemson captured its second consensus National Championship in 35 years by beating #3 Ohio State, the 2014 National Champion, 31-0 and undefeated #1 Alabama, the Defending National…
CUTigers.comFriday at 6:20 PM
PHOTO GALLERY I: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PARADEEnjoy these images from the Clemson National Championship Parade and Death Valley Celebration, courtesy of CUTigers.com Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 5:56 PM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 2:20 AM
RECRUITING RADAR: National Champion EditionIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
Clemson National Championship PCIn arguably the greatest National Championship Game ever played in the first rematch ever, Clemson turned the tables on Alabama to reclaim its #1 ranking and win its second…