WHAT: No. 25 Clemson (11-0) at Miami (7-2)
WHEN: 7:45 PM Sunday
WHERE: BankUnited Center (7,200), Coral Gables, FL
SPREAD: Miami by 3.5
TV: Fox Sports Net
• Sunday's game will be the 14th meeting between Clemson and Miami in men's basketball. The Tigers hold a 7-6 advantage in the series, but the Hurricanes are 5-2 against Clemson since joining the ACC in 2004-05.
• This game will serve as the 2008-09 conference opener in the ACC. Clemson has a record of 2-3 in ACC openers under sixth-year Head Coach Oliver Purnell.
• In Clemson's last road trip to open ACC play, the 2006-07 team traveled to Tallahassee, FL and grabbed a last-second victory over Florida State thanks to a high-arching layup from Cliff Hammonds. The Tigers are 1-1 in ACC road openers under Purnell.
• Clemson is looking for its first win in four tries at the BankUnited Center. The Tigers have lost a pair of close games at the facility, which opened in 2003. Last season, Jack McClinton got hot late and led the Hurricanes to a 75-72 victory.
• The games between Clemson and Miami have been down to the wire since the Hurricanes joined the ACC in 2004. Six of the seven meetings have been decided by 10 points or less, including both games a year ago.
• The Tigers entered the national polls (#25 AP, #25 ESPN/USA Today) on Monday for the first time this season. It marks the third straight year Clemson has been ranked in the top 25, only the second time in school history that has happened.
• Clemson started the season with 20+ turnovers in three straight games in the Charleston Classic. But in their last five games, the Tigers have recorded 91 assists and committed only 52 turnovers.
• K.C. Rivers needs just one rebound to reach 600 for his career and one assist to reach 200 in that statistical category.
• Trevor Booker leads the ACC in blocks per game (2.6) and is second in field goal percentage (.600) and fourth in rebounds per game (9.0).
• Terrence Oglesby has made at least one threepoint goal in 19 consecutive games, a streak that leads all active players in the ACC. Oglesby needs just six points to reach 500 for his career.
• Balanced scoring continues to be a common trait held by Oliver Purnell's teams. Last year, Clemson had five players average double figures in scoring. This season, five players average at least 9.2 points per game, led by Booker (15.1).
• Jerai Grant needs just three field goals to match his total of 25 from his freshman season. He has made 22-26 baskets this year, an astounding 84.6 percent. Last season, Grant made 25-54 for a 46.3 percent figure.
Tigers Open ACC Play Tonight
CUTigers.com Top Stories
WHAT WE ARE HEARING: ACC Championship#3 Clemson looks to secure its second consecutive College Football Playoff berth by winning a record 16th ACC Title and its first back-to-back titles in 28 years!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 3:06 PM
TIGERS WIN THRILLERClemson improved to 4-2 with a 60-58 win over Nebraska and helped the ACC win the 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge!
CUTigers.comThursday at 7:13 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 7:25 PM
TIGERS ADVANCE TO ELITE EIGHT!Austen Burnikel scored the first two goals for the Tigers, and Alex Happi added an insurance goal, his 4th in as many games.
CUTigers.comSunday at 7:34 PM
TIGERS #3 IN BOTH POLLSAfter a record blowout 56-7 win over arch-rival South Carolina, Clemson moved up to #3 in both of Sunday's polls and could potentially be #2 in Tuesday's College Football Playoff…
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:32 AM