WHAT: East Carolina (8-4) at No. 16 Clemson (13-0)
WHERE: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000) - Clemson, S.C.
WHEN: Saturday, Jan. 2 (4:00 PM)
SPREAD: Tigers by 22.5
Fresh off a 98-87 win over South Carolina, the 16th-ranked Clemson basketball team is back in action Saturday afternoon against East Carolina inside of Littlejohn Coliseum.
The Tigers are led in scoring by senior forward K.C. Rivers (15.1 ppg) and on the boards by Trevor Booker (9.6 rpg).
East Carolina, which has already played games against two ACC opponents this season, is led by guard Sam Hinnant (16.1 ppg). The Pirates lost to Wake Forest 95-54 and N.C. State 87-76.
The Tigers defeated the Pirates 82-67 last season and hold a 2-0 lead in the overall series.
• Saturday's game will mark the third meeting between Clemson and East Carolina, all within the past five seasons. The Tigers won both of the previous matchups, including an 82-67 game on the road last year against the Pirates.
• The Tigers moved up to #16 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll on Dec. 29 and #20 in the Associated Press rankings. It marks the third straight week Clemson has been ranked by both of the major national polls.
• Clemson has won its last nine road games against non-conference opponents, which is a school record streak. The Tigers have beaten Charlotte, Illinois, and South Carolina outside of ACC play on the road this season.
• The Tigers are 13-0 for the second time in the last three seasons. In 2006-07, Clemson was the nation's last remaining unbeaten team at 17-0. This year, the Tigers are one of only six undefeated teams remaining in Division I.
• Clemson has overcome five deficits of eight or more points to earn victory this season. In fact, the Tigers have come from at least 10 down on three occasions, including the last two games. Against Miami, the Tigers rallied from 12 down and versus South Carolina, Clemson overcame an early 11- point disadvantage.
• Clemson has scored 90+ points in its last two games, both on the road. It marks the first time Clemson has scored 90 or more in consecutive road wins since the 1986-87 season.
• K.C. Rivers needs just five points to pass Will Solomon for 11th on Clemson's all-time scoring list. He currently has 1,427 points for his career.
• Rivers has played in 81 victories during his career at Clemson. Only Elden Campbell (1986-90) and Cliff Hammonds (2004-08) played in more (84).
• Trevor Booker needs just four blocked shots to move into fifth place in Clemson's record books. He has 174 blocks in his career. Sharrod Ford, who ranks fifth, had 177 from 2001-05.
• Booker and Rivers are tied for 19th on Clemson's all-time rebounds list with 606 apiece. Booker is second in the ACC with 9.6 rebounds per game.
• Terrence Oglesby ranks third in school history with 2.62 three-point goals per game. He has 123 made three-pointers in his career and needs just seven to move ahead of Bruce Martin for 10th place in Clemson's record books.
• Andre Young is coming off the best game of his brief career. The Albany, GA native posted careerhighs in minutes (26), points (13), assists (8), and steals (4) and fueled Clemson's comeback win over in-state rival South Carolina.
Back in Action
CUTigers.com Top Stories
WATSON WINS DAVEY O'BRIEN AWARDWatch our interview with Deshaun Watson following the receipt of his second consecutive Davey O'Brien Award at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:11 AM
CFP HEAD COACHES' JOINT PRESS CONFERENCEWatch Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban and Chris Petersen discuss the upcoming College Football Playoff from the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta at…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:03 AM
RECRUITING RADAR: ACC CHAMPS!In our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 3:12 PM
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% OFF FIESTA BOWL TICKETS!NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY ONLY: 10% ticket discount for CUTigers.com Premium Members is increased to 15%!
CUTigers.comMonday at 12:33 PM