The two teams have split two meetings each of the last two years with each team winning on its home court. The home team has won 34 of the last 44 meetings in the series.
• Georgia Tech enters Sunday's game with an 0-5 league record, but three of the five losses have been in overtime.
• Junior forward Trevor Booker went over the 1000 point mark when he scored nine against Wake Forest last Saturday. He now has 1011 career points. He is the 16th Clemson player in history to reach 1000 points during his junior year.
• Booker leads the ACC in field goal percentage and blocked shots and is fourth in rebounding.
• K.C. Rivers can become the winningest player in Clemson history with a win over Georgia Tech. He has played in 84 wins, the same total as Cliff Hammonds (2004-08) and Elden Campbell (1986-90). Rivers needs just 12 points to reach 1500 for his career. He will become the ninth player in Clemson history to reach 1500 points, the first to reach that mark since Terrell McIntyre, who was a senior in 1998-99 and finished with 1839.
• Rivers needs just 13 three-point goals to become Clemson's career leader. He has 247 and the record is 259 by McIntyre. He is 17th in ACC history in career three-point goals made.
• Clemson sophomore Jerai Grant has 29 blocked shots in 272 minutes this year, a blocked shot every 9.38 minutes. That is on pace to be the seventh best blocked shots per minute figure in Clemson history. He is fifth in the ACC in blocked shots.
• K.C. Rivers, Tanner Smith and Andre Young all have more steals than turnovers this year.
• Clemson is shooting 67.1 percent from the foul line this year, on pace to be Clemson's best percentage from the charity stripe in eight years. Clemson shot .702 from the line in 2000-01, the only year in the last 21 that Clemson has shot 70 percent from the line over the course of a season.
• Freshman Andre Young has a 26/3 assist/turnover ratio in 10 home games this year.
• Trevor Booker is shooting 62.1 percent from the field at home this year and averages a team best 16.7 points per game.
• Clemson is ranked 10th in the latest RPI and has a schedule ranking of No. 27 in the nation.
• Clemson is ranked in the top 10 in the nation in both polls and has an 11-1 record as a top 20 team when playing Georgia Tech. The only Tech win took place in 1989-90 when Tech won in Atlanta, 85-69. Clemson was 20th and Georgia Tech was ranked 11th entering that game.
NOTES: Georgia Tech at Clemson
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS WIN SEVENTH STRAIGHTWeston Jackson hit 2-out homers in back-to-back innings to blow the game open, as Tyler Jackson improved to 4-1 and #5 Clemson picked up its 7th straight win and 3rd straight…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 7:35 PM
TIGERS TEE OFF ON C OF CRed-hot ACC Player of the Week Chris Williams hit his 4th and 5th home runs in 8 days and Beer and Davidson also went yard, as #6 Clemson won its 16th of the last 18 games.
BROWNELL REMAINS AT CLEMSONDespite widespread speculation about Brad Brownell's job security after a disappointing season, he will remain at Clemson for at least one more season.
TIGERS TAKE SERIES!!!Pat Krall allows just one run and #9 Clemson slugs its way to its 15th win in the last 17 games, taking 2 of 3 from #11 UVA!