* Improved its record on Homecoming to 34-3-2 since 1971and 64-19-3 overall since the first homecoming game in 1922.
* Improved its record to 13-7 in games played on Halloween. Today was the first time since 1931 that Clemson held its Homecoming on Halloween.
* This was Clemson's largest margin of victory (46 points) since a 54-0 win over South Carolina State on September 20, 2008.
* Clemson has scored at least 38 points three consecutive games. It is the first time Clemson has done that since the 2007 season when Clemson defeated Louisiana Monroe 49-26, Furman 38-10 and NC State 42-20 in consecutive games in September that year.
* Clemson had a season high 252 yards rushing today, the most for the Tigers since Clemson had 252 (yes the same total) against The Citadel last year.
* Today's game was the first time that Clemson has had three different players throw a touchdown pass in the same game since October 20, 1984, when Clemson celebrated Homecoming with a 54-21 win over Duke. That day Mike Eppley, Anthony Parete, and Stacy Driver all threw touchdown passes. Today, Kyle Parker, Willy Korn and Jacoby Ford all threw scoring passes.
* Clemson was 7-7 on PATs today and has now made 116 in a row dating back to the 2006 Music City Bowl.
* Clemson's defense held Coastal Carolina to 27 yards passing. But, it was not the season low for a Tigers opponent. Boston College had just 25 yards passing against the Tigers earlier this year.
* With today's victory, Kyle Parker has now started at quarterback in five Tiger victories this year. He has tied the Clemson record for wins by a freshman starting quarterback. Rodney Williams had a 5-3 record as a starter in 1985.
* Jacoby Ford moved into seventh place in Clemson history in touchdown receptions with 14.
* Jacoby Ford has now caught at least one pass in 23 consecutive games he has played.
* Xavier Dye scored his second career touchdown on a 36-yard pass from Jacoby Ford. It was his first touchdown of the year.
* With his touchdown pass today, Jacoby Ford joins C.J. Spiller as the only two players in Clemson history to have scored touchdowns five different ways - rushing, receiving, punt return, kickoff return, and throwing a touchdown.
* Ford is now 2-2 for 55 yards and a touchdown threw the air this year. He has a passing efficiency of 388.6.
* Crezdon Butler had his 11th career interception today, a pick he returned 47 yards. He now has 243 career interception return yards, tied for second in Clemson history with former teammate and 2008 senior Michael Hamlin.
* C.J. Spiller scored his 40th career touchdown on a six-yard rush. It was his 10th touchdown of the year and he has now scored at least one touchdown in every game this year. His streak of consecutive games with a play of at least 60 yards ended however, at seven games.
* Jacoby Ford's touchdown pass was the first thrown by a Clemson wide receiver since Chip Davis threw one to Gary Cooper against Florida State, on a rainy day in 1988.
* Jaron Brown scored his first career touchdown on an 18-yard pass from Willy Korn.
* Rashard Hall had his fourth interception of the year today. That is the most by a Clemson freshman since Justin Miller had a Clemson record tying eight picks in 2002.
NOTES: Tigers dominate Coastal
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 6:20 PM
RECRUITING RADAR: National Champion EditionIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 7:38 AM
POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney, players and coaches discuss their historic National Championship win over #1 Alabama.
Clemson National Championship PCIn arguably the greatest National Championship Game ever played in the first rematch ever, Clemson turned the tables on Alabama to reclaim its #1 ranking and win its second…