* Clemson has had at least 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing in each of the last two games. Clemson is now 52-0-1 in its history when it has at least 200 or each.
* Clemson averaged a season high 8.3 yards per play today. It was the
highest average for a Clemson team since 2006 when Clemson averaged 9.64
yards a play against Temple.
* Clemson rushed for 254 yards today and now has three consecutive rushing
games of at least 240 yards .It is the first time Clemson has done that
since a five-game streak of at least 240 yards in 2000.
* Clemson has now won five consecutive games and scored at least 38 points
in all five games. It is Clemson's longest winning streak since the
Tigers own six in a row in 2006.
* Clemson has now won six straight from NC State, the longest winning
streak in school history against the Wolfpack. It is Clemson's longest
winning streak against an ACC team since the Tigers beat Maryland eight
times in a row from 1993-2000.
* Clemson is one win away from clinching the Atlantic Division of the ACC
for the first time since the conference went to this format in 2005. The
Tigers face Virginia on Saturday, November 21, one day after Dabo Swinney
* Clemson has now averaged 42 points per game over the last five games, or
since the loss at Maryland on October 3.
* Clemson is 4-0 against the top four rated passers in the ACC in terms of
efficiency (entering today's game). Those passers are Jacory Harris of
Miami, Russell Wilson of NC State, Christian Ponder of Florida State and
Riley Skinner of Wake Forest. Clemson held Wilson to 12-32 passing for
183 yards today.
* Clemson is now 6-1 in the month of November under Dabo Swinney and the
Tiger program is 21-7 in November since 2002.
* Clemson tight ends now have 42 catches for the season, the second highest
total in school history. The record is 46 by the 1970 Tigers.
* C.J. Spiller threw a 17-yard scoring pass to Xavier Dye in the second
period. It was his second career touchdown pass. He had one last year at
Virginia. Spiller has now accounted for a touchdown five ways this year,
the first Clemson player in history to do that. Spiller now has one punt
return for a score, three kickoff returns for scores, four receptions for
touchdowns, one touchdown pass and six rushing touchdowns.
* In the second half, Spiller had a 16-yard run for a touchdown and caught
a 34-yard scoring pass from Kyle Parker. Spiller becomes the first player
in Clemson history to throw a touchdown pass, rush for a score and catch a
touchdown pass in the same game in Clemson history.
* Spiller established the Clemson single season record for all-purpose
running in today's game. He finished with 158 all-purpose yards and now
has 1952 for the season. The previous record was 1883 by Derrick Hamilton
* Spiller will enter his final home game next week against Virginia needing
just 140 all-purpose yards to become just the fifth player in FBS history
with 7000 all-purpose yards.
* Spiller has scored 14 touchdowns this year, tied for seventh in Clemson
history. He needs four more to tie Travis Zachery's Clemson record. He
had 18 in 2000.
* Jamie Harper's 69-yard run was the longest run of the year by a Clemson
player and the longest by a Clemson player since 2007 when C.J. Spiller
went 83 yards against Auburn in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
* Kyle Parker completed 12-18 passes for 183 yards and two touchdowns
today, a passing efficiency of 183, his top efficiency of the year.
Parker has 16 touchdown passes this year, already a record for a Clemson
freshman and tied for the fourth most in a season in school history by any
* Michael Palmer had four receptions today and his third scoring pass of
the season. Palmer now has 27 receptions for the year, the most by a
Clemson tight end since 1971 when John McMakin had 31. The record for a
season is 40 by McMakin in 1970.
NOTES: Tigers blast N.C. State
CUTigers.com Top Stories
4-27 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 4:10 AM
TIGERS WIN 7-2, SWEEP C OF C!Reed Rohlman is 10 of his last 13 and upped his average to .413, going 3-3 with a HR, two doubles and a HBP, as #3 Clemson cruised past Monte Lee's alma mater, College of…
CUTigers.comTuesday at 7:40 PM
TIGERS WIN 11-0 TO TAKE SERIES!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comSaturday at 2:30 PM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!