Clemson vs. Virginia
Tipoff: 8:07 PM
Site: University Hall (9,500)
City: Charlottesville, VA
TV: Raycom/Jefferson Pilot
Series Overall: Virginia leads 59-45
At Virginia: Virginia leads 35-14
at Clemson Clemson leads 30-19
at neutral: Virginia leads 5-1
This Year: Clemson 78, Virginia 77 Jan. 18 at Clemson
Streak: Clemson has won 2 of 3
Virginia has won 5 in row at Charlottesville
Last Year at VA: Virginia won 85-71
* Edward Scott has scored 46 points over his last two games, including 25 in a victory over North Carolina on Feb. 15. It was his sixth 20-point game of the season, and 13th of his career. Scott became the sixth Clemson player in history to start 100 games when he started against Duke on Feb. 9. He needs five rebounds to become the ninth player in ACC history to reach 1000 points, 500 assists and 400 rebounds in a career.
* Clemson shot 55 percent from the field, including 43 percent from three-point range in the win over North Carolina. Clemson also had a 42-27 advantage in rebounding, including a 23-7 advantage in the second half.
* Senior Tomas Nagys is coming off a perfect shooting game, 3-3 from the field and 8-8 from the line, in the win over North Carolina. He scored 15 points, four under his career high of 19. Nagys had the 19 points at Virginia two years ago. Nagys is 11-19 from the field and 15-18 from the foul line in his career against Virginia.
* Clemson won the first meeting with the Cavaliers, a 78-77 victory. It was Clemson's first one-point victory in any game since the 1991-92 season. Olu Babalola made two free throws with 5.7 seconds left to give Clemson the victory.
* Clemson has three ACC wins this year and all three have been by three points or less. This is the first time since the 1988-89 season that Clemson has won three ACC games by three points or less i nthe same season.
* Clemson has improved its perimeter defense in recent weeks. Over the last four games opponents are just 25-90 on three-point shots.
* When Clemson defeated North Carolina 80-77 on Feb. 15 it gave head coach Larry Shyatt a 3-2 record at home against the Tar Heels. He is the only Clemson coach with a winning home record against the Tar Heels.
* Sophomore forward Olu Babalola has scored 23 points over the last two games. He has made 8 of his last 15 field goals. He had a career high tying eight rebounds in the win over North Carolina.
* Sharrod Ford, who has had 11 points and nine rebounds against North Carolina, has made 7 of his last 9 field goals. He is shooting 59 percent for the year, best on the Clemson team among players who have taken at least 50 shots.
* Clemson scored 80 points against North Carolina, its top scoring game in 2003. The Tigers scored 48 points in the second half, its high scoring half in an ACC game since last year's 118-115 game with Wake Forest. The Tigers scored 48 points in the second half of that game.
Clemson - Virginia Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:18 AM
Pagano to TransferAfter helping Clemson win a National Championship and earning his degree, Scott Pagano has decided it is time for him to move on.
TIGERS TAKE A W FROM WAKEAfter back-to-back heartbreaking losses to Syracuse and Duke, the Tigers built a 21-point lead on Wake Forest and won by 12 to complete the season sweep of the Deacs and keep their…
DEJA BLUEFor the second straight game, Clemson had the lead or a chance to win on the final possession of the game and came up just short. This time, it was against #18 Duke in the most…
NATIONAL SIGNING DAY HQKeep it right here for all of the latest developments on National Signing Day in Clemson!