That is 12 wins against no losses to open a decade.
* Clemson held North Texas scoreless for the first 28:47 of the game.
* With a win today, Clemson has now won 21 of its last 27 season openers and now holds an 85-17-8 record in home openers.
* Andre Ellington scored Clemson's first touchdown of the season on a 60-yard run in the first quarter on his first carry of the season. The score came 16 seconds into the season. Former Clemson All-American C.J. Spiller scored 14 seconds into the 2009 season on an opening kickoff return for touchdown.
* Chandler Catanzaro went 5-for-5 on point after attempts in his first career game as a Clemson Tiger.
* DeAndre Hopkins recorded his first career reception as a Tiger for 16 yards on a Parker's first completion of the game.
* Dawson Zimmerman's second quarter punt of 79 yards passed former Tiger Chris Gardocki's 78-yard punt in 1990 as the second longest punt in Clemson history. The longest punt by a Clemson punter was 81 yards by Mitch Tyner on October 6, 1973 in a home game against Texas A&M. For the game, Zimmerman averaged 51.2 yards per punt, which is the best punting performance in 27 years and is tied for the third best punting average in a single game all-time.
* Brandon Clear recorded his first career touchdown reception on a 70-yard pass from Kyle Parker in the second quarter. The catch was also Clear's fourth career reception.
* Coty Sensabaugh recorded the first Clemson interception of the season in the third quarter on a pass by Nathan Tune.
* Bryce McNeal hauled in his first career catch in the third quarter on a 30-yard pass from Kyle Parker.
* Clemson running backs Andre Ellington (122) and Jamie Harper (103) both amassed career highs in rushing yards. It was the first time since 2007 that the Tigers had two 100-yard rushers in one game and the first time since 2006 that Clemson accomplished the feat against a non-conference opponent. The last time it happened was October 27, 2007, when James Davis and C.J. Spiller racked up 129 and 106 yards, respectively, in a 30-17 Clemson win at Maryland.
* True freshmen Justin Parker and Martin Jenkins both recorded tackles in their first collegiate games.
* Redshirt freshmen Spencer Shuey, Quandon Christian, and Tyler Shatley all recorded their first career collegiate tackles.
NOTES: Tigers win opener
CUTigers.com Top Stories
3-22 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 11:14 AM
TIGERS TEE OFF ON C OF CRed-hot ACC Player of the Week Chris Williams hit his 4th and 5th home runs in 8 days and Beer and Davidson also went yard, as #6 Clemson won its 16th of the last 18 games.
BROWNELL REMAINS AT CLEMSONDespite widespread speculation about Brad Brownell's job security after a disappointing season, he will remain at Clemson for at least one more season.
TIGERS TAKE SERIES!!!Pat Krall allows just one run and #9 Clemson slugs its way to its 15th win in the last 17 games, taking 2 of 3 from #11 UVA!
TIGERS LAND 4-STAR COMMIT!Defending National Champion Clemson received its 6th commitment of the 2018 class--5 of them 4-stars or better--in 4-star DE Justin Mascoll!