That is 12 wins against no losses to open a decade.
* Clemson held North Texas scoreless for the first 28:47 of the game.
* With a win today, Clemson has now won 21 of its last 27 season openers and now holds an 85-17-8 record in home openers.
* Andre Ellington scored Clemson's first touchdown of the season on a 60-yard run in the first quarter on his first carry of the season. The score came 16 seconds into the season. Former Clemson All-American C.J. Spiller scored 14 seconds into the 2009 season on an opening kickoff return for touchdown.
* Chandler Catanzaro went 5-for-5 on point after attempts in his first career game as a Clemson Tiger.
* DeAndre Hopkins recorded his first career reception as a Tiger for 16 yards on a Parker's first completion of the game.
* Dawson Zimmerman's second quarter punt of 79 yards passed former Tiger Chris Gardocki's 78-yard punt in 1990 as the second longest punt in Clemson history. The longest punt by a Clemson punter was 81 yards by Mitch Tyner on October 6, 1973 in a home game against Texas A&M. For the game, Zimmerman averaged 51.2 yards per punt, which is the best punting performance in 27 years and is tied for the third best punting average in a single game all-time.
* Brandon Clear recorded his first career touchdown reception on a 70-yard pass from Kyle Parker in the second quarter. The catch was also Clear's fourth career reception.
* Coty Sensabaugh recorded the first Clemson interception of the season in the third quarter on a pass by Nathan Tune.
* Bryce McNeal hauled in his first career catch in the third quarter on a 30-yard pass from Kyle Parker.
* Clemson running backs Andre Ellington (122) and Jamie Harper (103) both amassed career highs in rushing yards. It was the first time since 2007 that the Tigers had two 100-yard rushers in one game and the first time since 2006 that Clemson accomplished the feat against a non-conference opponent. The last time it happened was October 27, 2007, when James Davis and C.J. Spiller racked up 129 and 106 yards, respectively, in a 30-17 Clemson win at Maryland.
* True freshmen Justin Parker and Martin Jenkins both recorded tackles in their first collegiate games.
* Redshirt freshmen Spencer Shuey, Quandon Christian, and Tyler Shatley all recorded their first career collegiate tackles.
NOTES: Tigers win opener
CUTigers.com Top Stories
WATSON WINS DAVEY O'BRIEN AWARDWatch our interview with Deshaun Watson following the receipt of his second consecutive Davey O'Brien Award at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:11 AM
CFP HEAD COACHES' JOINT PRESS CONFERENCEWatch Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban and Chris Petersen discuss the upcoming College Football Playoff from the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta at…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:03 AM
RECRUITING RADAR: ACC CHAMPS!In our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 3:12 PM
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% OFF FIESTA BOWL TICKETS!NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY ONLY: 10% ticket discount for CUTigers.com Premium Members is increased to 15%!
CUTigers.comMonday at 12:33 PM