- Wide Receiver Ron Monteilh will probably not play against the Longhorns. The BSN is not sure if it is because of injury or because CU will be going with a bigger line-up against the taller Texas corners. But, that is the word out of Boulder right now.
- There have been a couple things keeping Chris Russell off the field this year; trouble picking up the defense and his effort. The effort is said to have really shown up in recent weeks and he will play some at safety tomorrow. They want to use Russell because the staff wants a bigger, faster line-up to handle the UT running game. Two years ago, CU grabbed Russell from the grasp of the Tennessee Volunteers very near signing day. He was considered by some to be the best player in the class. The southern athlete has been distracted while at CU mainly because of his mother's illness and passing. He has recently contemplated transferring to be closer to home but it now looks like things are coming along well.
- Chances are that the most talented player CU hosts all recruiting cycle, on paper, will be on campus tomorrow. Michael Ray Garvin from the storied Don Bosco Prep program in New Jersey will be making his official visit to Boulder. Garvin is ranked by Scout.com as the no.8 corner prospect and no.90 player in the nation, overall. He has his recruiting down to Florida State, Georgia, Oklahoma, CU, and Purdue. The Buffs are in a current tie for third with OU as the Seminoles and Bulldogs hold the advantage. The corner has already visited Athens and Tallahassee.
- Current CU commit, Patrick Devenny, will also be making his official trip to Boulder for the game.
- Denison, Texas running back Corey Robertson was expected to come but couldn't make it. "We decided not to with important district play coming up," his mother told the BSN and Scout.com. "I think he'll try to get there in December like we had originally planned."
- Current Kansas State commit and former CU commit, Maurice Lucas, was in Boulder for a few hours on Thursday. It appears he is taking a hard look at attending school at CU, once again. Lucas was also seen in attendance at the recent Iowa State game. Those very close to the situation believe that Lucas will be a Buff when it is all said and done.
The BSN will stay with the Monteilh story to find out what the deal is and also catch up with Maurice Lucas to get his thoughts on the Thursday trip to Boulder.