In conjunction with the annual scrimmage, CU has announced they will host a Spring Football Reunion the weekend of the 19th and 20th for all former football players. The weekend will consist of a golf tournament, flag football game and BBQ after the spring game.
While the majority of the spring practices have been light workouts with no contact, Monday was an exception. The Buffs put on full pads and had a game situation scrimmage that pared the offense against the defense.
Most Buffs were excited to get back into action and both the O and D made some plays during a goal-line situation match-up.
Some of the highlights included:
- Tailbacks Marcus Houston and Chris Brown combined for five touchdowns on five different plays with the first team. Houston scored from 2,3 and 10 yards out while Brown added two TD runs from 2 yards out.
- Freshman LB Grant Grubich stuffed Houston on a forth and goal from the one as the CU defense held the offense on the first possession of the scrimmage.
- QB Craig Ochs looked as if he has fully recovered from the ankle injury that sidelined him last season. The junior threw three touchdown strikes, including a 45 yard scoring strike to TE Quinn Sypniewski.
- Junior WR D.J. Hackett, a transfer from Cal.-State Northridge, made his presence felt right away by catching a 10 yard TD pass from Ochs. Hackett had scored a TD in every game he played at Northridge the season before the school cancelled the program.
- Sr. TE Beau Williams joined in the scoring when he caught the last TD pass from Ochs from 10 yard out.