The game is being televised by CBS with Jim Nantz (play-by-play), Clark Kellogg (analyst) and Tracy Wolfson (sideline) calling the action.
Duke won the ACC Tournament to claim an automatic bid and grab the No. 1 seed in the West Region, while Michigan received an at-large bid.
Duke is ranked No. 3 in the AP Poll and No. 5 ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll.
The Blue Devils have won 18 of their 19 non-conference contests this season. Duke is 37-3 in non-league games over the last two seasons.
With the win on Friday, Duke has now won seven straight NCAA Tournament games.
Duke is 95-30 all-time in NCAA Tournament play, including a 31-4 mark in the state of North Carolina.
The Blue Devils have won 15 straight NCAA Tournament games in the state of North Carolina. Duke's last tournament loss in state was to Providence, 98-87, on March 16, 1997.
Duke is 9-3 in NCAA Tournament games in Charlotte.
The Blue Devils are 44-8 as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Duke has now claimed a No. 1 seed 12 times under Mike Krzyzewski.
Duke has now advanced past the first round of the NCAA Tournament 30 times overall, including 24 times under Coach K.
The Blue Devils are 11-4 all-time against Big Ten opponents in the NCAA Tournament, including a 2-0 mark against Michigan.
- Mike Krzyzewski is one win shy of becoming the second coach in NCAA history to record 900 career wins.
- The Blue Devils have won 21 straight neutral site games dating back to a 77-54 loss to Villanova in the 2009 NCAA Tournament.
- Duke has been ranked in the top 5 of the AP Poll for 23 consecutive weeks.
- The Blue Devils have advanced to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament 19 times under Mike Krzyzewski. Duke is 19-4 in NCAA Tournament second round contests under Coach K.
- Kyrie Irving returned to the court on Friday after missing the previous 26 games with a right toe injury. Irving scored a game-high 14 points and has now reached double figures in all nine games played this season.
- Kyle Singler is one rebound shy of becoming the fourth Blue Devil and the ninth player in ACC history to record 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds in a career. He would be the 103rd player in NCAA history to accomplish the feat.
- Nolan Smith is one of two players in the NCAA averaging over 20.0 points and 5.0 assists per game. Smith has 12 games with at least 20 points and five assists this season.
- Seth Curry is averaging 13.2 points over the last six contests. He is shooting 53.1 percent (17-of-32) from three-point range in that stretch with two or more threes in five of the six games.
- Mason Plumlee has raised his rebound average 5.2 rebounds per game from a year ago. He ranks fifth in the ACC in rebounding at 8.4 rpg. and has grabbed 10 or more rebounds in 14 contests.
- Miles Plumlee is averaging 8.2 points and 8.8 rebounds per game over the last five contests. He is shooting 63.0 percent (17-of-27) from the field in that span.
- Kyle Singler is six points shy of reaching 600 points for the third straight season. Art Heyman (1961-63) and Christian Laettner (1990-92) are the only other Blue Devils to reach the 600-point plateau in three consecutive seasons.
- Seth Curry, Andre Dawkins, Kyle Singler and Nolan Smith have each made over 50 three-point field goals this season, marking the first time in school history four different players have made 50 or more treys.
- Duke has scored 80 or more points in 19 games this season. The Blue Devils have won 34 consecutive games when scoring 80+ points.
- The Blue Devils are allowing 63.7 points per game -- the fourth-best scoring defense since 1951. Duke has held 11 opponents under 60 points in a game this season.
- Duke had 10 players play 10 or more minutes in Friday's win over Hampton. All 10 scholariship players scored against the Pirates with seven Blue Devils scoring at least eight points in the game.