Luol Deng will join Brandon Ingram in Los Angeles as a member of the Lakers. Deng has agreed to a four-year, $72 million deal with the Lakers after playing in Miami last season as a teammate with former Blue Devil, Justise Winslow. The departure of Deng will allow Winslow to move into the starting small forward role for the Heat in the upcoming season.
Seth Curry, who starred in the D-League before getting a two year contract with Sacramento, saw the Kings rescind his qualifying. Accordingly, Curry becomes an unrestricted free agent at a very opportune time.
Austin Rivers resigned with the LA Clippers for $35 million over three years. Rivers’ signing reportedly caused some hard feelings between the Clippers and Sixth Man of the Year, Jamal Crawford who nearly left the team before agreeing to new terms late Sunday.
Remaining Blue Devils in Free Agency:
- Lance Thomas is expected to re-sign with the Knicks
- Ryan Kelly is looking for a new team after playing for the Lakers for the last few seasons.
- Elton Brand may retire after returning from an early retirement to play for Philadelphia a season ago.
- Gerald Henderson is a free agent after playing for the Trailblazers a season ago. He is gathering interest from a number of teams including the 76ers.
- Miles Plumlee, a restricted free agent, received a $3M qualifying offer from the Bucks after playing in Milwaukee.
- Marshall Plumlee signed with the Knicks as an un-drafted free agent, and is competing in the summer league with the club. There he’s averaged nine points and seven rebounds in two games. And he’s shown some new wrinkles in his game.