- WR Conner Vernon (ankle) -- Probable
- WR Johnny Williams (ankle) -- Probable
- RB Jay Hollingsworth (ankle) -- Doubtful
- DT Vince Oghobaase (leg) -- Doubtful
- RB Re'quan Boyette (leg) -- OUT
- CB Randez James (hand) -- OUT
- OG Mitchell Lederman (leg) -- OUT
- RB Kyle Griswould (leg) -- OUT
- S Anthony Young-Wiseman (knee) -- OUT FOR SEASON
The loss of Lederman is certainly notable as Duke has played just seven offensive linemen for any extended period to date, meaning that Brandon Harper will probably get the start at left guard and players such as Chris Shannon, Jon Needham, and maybe Conor Irwin will get some time on the offensive line. For Shannon and Irwin it would be the first time either has seen the field this season. Robert Drum and Jeffrey Cowart are also upperclassman OLs who may see some time.
After missing the Kansas game with a rolled ankle, it's likely that Duke's top young receiver, Connor Vernon, will see some time although the number of snaps will probably be determined on a wait and see basis.
The loss of Boyette is not unexpected after the fifth year senior had to leave the game in Lawrence with an injury. Most likely the decision to hold him out against Central is precautionary more than anything else. However it does present an opportunity for highly touted freshman Desmond Scott to see the field for the first time this season (which will also remove his redshirt status). Scott is expect to see time as both a tailback and in the special teams - notably the kick return game.