- RB Re'quan Boyette (knee) -- Questionable
- CB Lee Butler (leg) -- Doubtful
- LB Abraham Kromah (leg) -- OUT
- WR Tyree Watkins (leg) -- OUT
- RB Kyle Griswould (leg) -- OUT FOR SEASON
- S Anthony Young-Wiseman (knee) -- OUT FOR SEASON
Duke's running game will be hopeful for the return of fifth year senior Re'quan Boyette who has been sidelined for several weeks now with a knee injury. In his absence a number of underclassmen have been asked to step up including last year's leading rusher, Jay Hollingsworth.
The linebacking corps looks to be without starting outside backer Abraham Kromah, while the receivers will once again be missing star freshman Tyree Watkins. Luckily for Duke there are relatively few concerns throughout the rest of the roster including a first in several weeks with the offensive line being listed as healthy.
Depth Chart Shakeups:
- Despite being listed sa questionable on the injury report, all signs point towards Boyette playing. He is listed as the team's starting back on the depth chart. Hollingsworth and freshman Desmond Scott are the primary backups, meaning Scott has solidified himself in the rotation over PatrickKurunwune.
- The receivers' depth chart remains the same as last week with Conner Vernon, Austin Kelly, and Donovan Varner as the three starters. Sophomores Johnny Williams and Josh Trezvant are the primary backups and will see the field when Duke goes four wide.
- Continuing with the consistent theme, the Blue Devils' offensive line - first and second team - remains the same for the first time this season.
- A minor shake-up to the starting defensive line as Wesley Oglesby will get the start at left end over Patrick Egboh. This is a flip-flop from earlier in the year when Egboh won the starting job opposite senior Ayanga Okpokowuruk.
- With the loss of Kromah - again, Adam Banks will continue to man one outside linebacker spot (despite a probable move to his more natural defensive end position next season) with Damian Thornton on the other side. Interesting is the entire second team linebacking corps is occupied by the true freshman class. Tyree Glover is the top outside reserve while Austin Gamble is the top middle linebacker reserve.
- Last week the secondary listed Chris Rwabukamba or Lee Butler as the starting right cornerback. With Butler's leg injury, there's little doubt that Rwabukamba will get the starting nod
- The idea of running backs returning kicks appear to have been abandoned as Conner Vernon and Johnny Williams are the two kick returners while Williams, Leon Wright, and Walt Canty will handle the punt return duties.