- WR Austin Kelly (upper body) — Probable
- LB Abraham Kromah (leg) – Probable
- QB Thaddeus Lewis (leg) — Probable
- LB Vincent Rey (leg) — Probable
- K Will Snyderwine (leg) – Probable
- RB Re'quan Boyette (leg) — OUT
- DT Vince Oghobaase (leg) – OUT
- WR Johnny Williams (knee) – OUT
- RB Kyle Griswould (leg) — OUT FOR SEASON
- OG Mitchell Lederman (foot) — OUT FOR SEASON
- QB Sean Renfree (knee) — OUT FOR SEASON
- WR Tyree Watkins (leg) — OUT FOR SEASON
- S Anthony Young-Wiseman (knee) — OUT FOR SEASON
The usual wear and tear of the season has hit home in Durham in a big, big way. Lost for the season are backup quarterback Sean Renfree and starting guard Mitch Lederman. In addition, the Blue Devils are going to be without their best defensive lineman - Vince Oghobaase; starting running back Re'quan Boyette; and starting receiver Johnny Williams.
The inclusion of starting quarterback Thaddeus Lewis on the injury list is not troubling for the status level of his injury, but for the fact that should Lewis not be 100% and not make it through four quarters, Duke will likely turn to a non-quarterback to stand under center instead of burning freshman Sean Schroeder's redshirt.
Depth Chart Shakeups:
- With Renfree gone, Schroeder is listed on the official depth chart as the team's back-up followed by walk-on Alex King. Should Lewis not play a series, don't look for the redshirt to be taken off Schroeder by him stepping between the lines.
- Freshman Desmond Scott, the team's leading rusher, is listed as the starting running back. Scott beats out former starter Jay Hollingsworth this week as Boyette will not be available.
- With Johnny Williams unable to go this week, look for Sheldon Bell to be the first receiver off the bench with sophomore Josh Trezvant as the next option.
- Replacing Lederman will be Brandon Harper - who won the starting job earlier before being displaced by Lederman as the season wore on. Backing up Harper will be fourth year junior Robert Drum though Jeffrey Cowart could also figure into the mix.
- The left defensive end position will see time split between Patrick Egboh and Wesley Oglesby while the middle will see Charlie Hatcher and Kinney Rucker getting the start with freshman John Drew figuring in heavily.
- The kick return game will be handled by Conner Vernon, and perhaps, one of the reserve running backs with the loss of Williams.