Singler, the NCAA Final Four and ACC Tournament MVP, shared the Best Defensive Player award. He was an All-ACC first team selection for the first time in his career this season.
Smith, an All-ACC second team choice and NCAA South Region Most Outstanding Player, was awarded the Coach's Award given to the player exemplifying the commitment and values of Duke Basketball while displaying overall improvement.
Thomas, an ACC All-Defensive team honoree, received the Bill Krzyzewski Captains' Award, Best Defensive Player award and True Blue Award given for the most charges taken.
Zoubek, one of two ACC All-Academic team selections, was given the Dr. Deryl Hart Award as the top scholar-athlete, the Best Field Goal Percentage (.638), the Best Rebounding Average (7.7) and True Blue Award given for the most charges taken.
Sophomore Miles Plumlee was awarded the Glenn E. "Ted" Mann Award as the reserve contributing most to team morale.
Three other awards were handed out Friday night. Eric Skeffington received the Gopal Varadhan Senior Manager Award, Brennen Britton was given the Harry Rainey Spirit Award and Kristin Sourbeer was the recipient of the Charles Hogan Memorial Band Award.
2009-10 Duke Men's Basketball Award Winners
- Swett-Baylin Award (Most Valuable Player): Jon Scheyer, Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, Lance Thomas, Brian Zoubek
- Dr. Deryl Hart Award (Top Scholar-Athlete): Brian Zoubek
- Glenn E. "Ted" Mann, Jr., Award (Reserve Contributing Most to Team Morale): Miles Plumlee
- Coach's Award (Player Exemplifying the Commitment and Values of Duke Basketball while Displaying Overall Improvement): Nolan Smith
- Iron Dukes Award (Most Minutes Played): Jon Scheyer
- Bill Krzyzewski Captains' Awards: Jon Scheyer, Lance Thomas
- Best Field Goal Percentage Award: Brian Zoubek
- Best Rebounding Average Award: Brian Zoubek
- Best Free Throw Percentage Award: Jon Scheyer
- Most Assists Award: Jon Scheyer
- Best Defensive Player Award: Kyle Singler, Lance Thomas
- Gopal Varadhan Senior Manager Award: Eric Skeffington Harry Rainey Spirit Award: Brennen Britton
- Charles Hogan Memorial Band Award: Kristin Sourbeer