February 9, 2008
- Duquesne: Dukes Run Away From La Salle, 101-84
- The win marks the first time Duquesne has won two in a row at La Salle since 1977 and 1979. Its also the first time DU has won back-to-back games in the city of Philadelphia since 1995 (includes games at La Salle, Temple and Saint Joseph's as well as the A-10 Tournament). Duquesne defeated La Salle 111-105 at Tom Gola Arena last season.
- La Salle: Explorers Lose At Home 101-84 to Duquesne
- AP: Recap
- Trib: Duquesne defeats La Salle, 101-84 (online story for today)
- PG: LaSalle falls to Duquesne, 101-84 (ditto - full reports later for Sunday's paper.)
- Update: George Washington (6-13, 2-7 A-10) upset Dayton (16-6, 4-5 A-10), 57-53, at the Smith Center Saturday evening. Maureece Rice's sixth assist of the night set up Wynton Witherspoon's game-winning trey with two seconds to go.
Dayton's Charles Little, who has been out with an injury, returned to play last Saturday. In his third game back, last season's A-10 sixth man of the year had a double-double of 12 points and 11 rebounds. A-10 rookie of the year candidate Chris Wright, who has missed the last eight games, remains sidelined.
At the same time as the La Salle game, DU women were playing Saint Joseph's on Hawk Hill. The ladies lost by three, 59-56.
With 1:19 to go, SJU's Mary Kate McDade hit 10-2 free throws for a 59-54 lead. Nine (9) seconds later, Duquesne's Kelly Britcher hit a jump shot. Neither team scored the rest of the way. Kristi Little's last second three-point attempt that would have tied the game, didn't go through the net.
- Duquesne: Falls to Saint Joseph's 59-56
- Saint Joseph's: Saint Joseph's Holds Off Duquesne, 59-56
- PG: Britcher leads Duquesne women in loss to St. Joseph
Discussion, links and more numbers at our message board - Please click here