Complete schedule (.pdf)
The release of the conference games completes the 2008-09 schedule.
The Dukes open conference play at home for the second time in as many years when Charlotte visits the Palumbo Center on Wed., Jan. 7. Duquesne then hits the road for a game at St. Bonaventure (Jan. 10) before returning for back-to-back home games against George Washington (Jan. 14) and Dayton (Jan. 17). DU closes out the month with games at Saint Joseph's (Jan. 21) and Fordham (Jan. 25) and a return match-up with St. Bonaventure on Jan. 31 at the Palumbo Center.
February home games include defending regular season champions Xavier (Feb. 7) and A-10 Tournament titleist Temple (Feb. 15). The Dukes will face Saint Louis (Feb. 4), Richmond (Feb. 11), La Salle (Feb. 22) and Massachusetts (Feb. 25) on the road.
DU begins March with back-to-back home games against Rhode Island (Mar. 1) and Saint Louis (Mar. 4) before closing out the regular season at Dayton on Mar. 7.
The top 12 conference finishers will qualify for the 33rd Atlantic 10 Championship, scheduled for March 11-14 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J.
DU also completed the non-conference portion of its schedule with the addition of a Dec. 17 home game against Old Dominion.
Duquesne will make its first ESPN appearance since 1995 when it plays at Duke on Nov. 28. Additional televised games will be released at a later date.
The Dukes open the season at home on Nov. 14 vs. High Point at 8:30 p.m. The High Point game will be the second game of a doubleheader with the Duquesne women taking on Morehead State at 6:00 p.m. in the opener.
Overall, DU will play 13 total games against teams that made post-season appearances last year. Non-conference opponents Duke, Pittsburgh and West Virginia along with A-10 members Saint Joseph's, Temple and Xavier all advanced to the NCAA tournament, while non-league foe Robert Morris and Charlotte, Dayton, Massachusetts and Rhode Island of the A-10 were in last year's NIT. College Basketball Invitational teams Old Dominion (non-conference) and Richmond (A-10) complete the list of teams on the schedule that played in the 2007-08 post-season.
Season Ticket and Weekend 6-Pack Plus One plans are now on sale. For more information call 412-232-DUKE (3853).
2008-09 SCHEDULE QUICK NOTES
- The 14 Atlantic 10 teams compete in one division. Each team faces three opponents twice and the other 10 once in a 16-game schedule. Duquesne's home-and-home opponents are Dayton, Saint Louis and St. Bonaventure.
- The Atlantic 10 television schedule - which is aired by CBS College Sports Television - will be announced at a later date.
- Duquesne's game at Duke on Nov. 28 marks the Dukes' first ESPN appearance since at Alabama-Birmingham on Feb. 18, 1995.
- The Dukes play four consecutive road games from Nov. 25 through Dec. 10, followed by four straight road games from Dec. 13-22. DU doesn't play more than two consecutive home or road games the rest of the season. Five of Duquesne's first seven games will be on the road.
- High Point and North Carolina Central are the only first-time opponents for Duquesne.
- The DU men's and women's teams will play two doubleheaders in 2008-09. On Nov. 14, the two will open the season with the women hosting Morehead State (6:00 p.m.) followed by the men against High Point (8:30 p.m.) as part of Duquesne's Hall of Fame Weekend. On Mar. 1, both teams will take on Rhode Island with the women tipping off at 1:00 p.m. followed by the men at 3:30 p.m.