Fall Signing Perod
November 12, 2008
- Matt Kavanaugh, a 6-foot-9, 225 pound power forward from Dayton's Centerville High School. Kavanaugh was the only underclassman on the 2008 All-State 1st or 2nd Teams. Named to the second team after averaging 20.8 points, 10.0 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.4 blocks per game for the Elks who repeated as GWOC champions. He was also recruited by Kent State, Miami (OH), Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Wright State.
- Aaric Murray, a 6-foot-10, 220 pound center from Glen Mills High School in Concordville, Pa. (22 miles south of Center City). He's a Top 50 recruit, no 38 by Scout.com. Marquette, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Saint Joseph's, Temple, Villanova and West Virginia were also in the hunt.
- Javon Farrell, a 6-foot-5, 180 pound swingman from Washington, D.C. area's Riverdale Baptist High School in Upper Marlboro, Md. Farrell averaged 12.0 points and 3.0 rebounds per game as a junior for the 31-5 Crusaders. Virginia Tech, South Florida, Florida Atlantic, George Mason and George Washington also recruited the DC Assault (AAU) star. Yesterday was his 18th birthday.
- Greg Robbins, a 6-foot-4 guard from Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, Pa. in the Philadelphia area. Robbins is the second player in school history to reach the 1,000-point (1,082) plateau in his junior season; the other: Kobe Bryant. He averaged 17.4 points and 7.2 rebounds last season. Virginia, St. Joe's, Temple and Siena also were interested.
- Darien Brothers, a 6-foot-3 guard from Richmond's Benedictine High School. He averaged 10.1 points, 3.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 steals last season. Started prep career at Monacan H.S., also in Richmond. He also was recruited by Northeastern, East Carolina and Gardner-Webb.
Note: Dave Telep reported these two UR signings earlier today on ScoutHoops.com's Signing Day Blog