- Artsiom Parakhouski (Minsk, Belarus) and Kenny Thomas (Richmond, Va./Highland Springs) combined to score 44 points and Radford held Winthrop to just 18.5 percent shooting in the second half as the Highlanders ended a 12-game losing streak to the Eagles with a 73-52 win. Along with ending their skid to Winthrop, it was Radford's largest margin of victory against a league opponent since defeating VMI 101-77 in 2006.
- Parakhouski finished with 24 points on 11-of-12 shooting from the floor, while grabbing 10 rebounds for his second double-double on the young season. Along with hitting the 20-point plateau for the second time in as many outings, Thomas added five rebounds and five assists.
- The Highlanders enter the fifth all-time meeting with Duquesne 3-4, while the Dukes bring a 4-2 mark into the tilt following a 78-51 setback to No. 3 Pittsburgh on Dec. 3, 2008.
- Thomas continues to lead Radford in scoring at 16.7 points per outing, which also ranks ninth among Big South leaders, while Parakhouski's 8.1 rebounds place him fifth in the conference.
- The frontcourt duo of Parakhouski (15.1) and Joey Lynch-Flohr (Fairfax, Va./Fairfax) (12.0) are also averaging double figures for Radford through six contests.
- Radford is 3-19 all-time against the Atlantic 10 conference with its last win coming on November 29, 2006, a 67-50 victory at Richmond.
- Following Wednesday's contest, Radford will entertain in-state foe James Madison in a 2 p.m. tip Sunday afternoon at Peters Hall.
GAME QUICK FACTS
Radford Head Coach: Brad Greenberg
Overall Record: 13-24 (2nd year)
Radford Record: Same
Duquesne Head Coach: Ron Everhart
Overall Record: 205-206 (15th year)
Duquesne Record: 31-34 (3rd year)
Series: Duquesne leads the all-time series, 3-1.
Last Meeting: Radford suffered a 71-67 setback to Duquesne at home on Dec. 5, 1998.
Radio: Rick Watson (Play-By-Play) and Jeff Kleppin (Analyst) will provide the call on 107.1 FM.