Game 14 • Atlantic 10 Conference Game
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2009 • Time: 7:00 pm (EST)
Location: A.J. Palumbo Center (5,358) • Pittsburgh, PA
Radio: 1050 AM www.FederalNewsRadio.com (Byron Kerr)
Internet: live stats on GameTracker at GWsports.com
Series: GW leads, 42-24 (12-6 at Palumbo Center)
Ron Everhart (Virginia Tech `85)
Record at DU: 38-36 (.513) 3rd season
Atlantic 10 Record: 15-19 (.441) 3rd season
Career Record: 212-208 (.505) 15th season
McNeese St. 92-104; Northeastern 82-68
Everhart's Record vs. GW: 1-1
GW (6-7, 0-1) aims to snap a five-game losing skid tonight against red-hot Duquesne (11-4, 2-0) in the only regular-season meeting. The teams' last meeting also took place at the A.J. Palumbo Center where Duquesne won convincingly, 92-67, on 1/28/08.
- GW has a 12-6 record against Duquesne at the A.J. Palumbo Center after winning three of its last four games there.
- GW is 2-3 on the road this season while Duquesne is a 6-2 at home losing only to West Virginia (68-63) and Old Dominion (86-60). The Dukes are 141-130 (.520) all-time at the 21-year-old Palumbo Center.
- GW is coming off an 60-48 loss to Richmond on Saturday at Smith Center in the A-10 opener. Wynton Witherspoon paced the Colonials with 15 points and four assists.
- Wednesday's game is GW's sixth away from Smith Center in its last seven outings dating back to Dec. 17. The Colonials have played three road games and two neutral-site games during that span.
- Duquesne, which has won six straight, hit 13 three-pointers in routing St. Bonaventure, 74-43, Saturday at the Reilly Center to improve to 2-0 in the league. Bill Clark (24 pts., 4 threes) and Aaron Jackson (20 pts., 9-12 FGs) led five Dukes in double figures against the Bonnies.
A Closer Look at Duquesne
The Dukes are on a six-game roll entering play Wednesday under third-year coach Ron Everhart. Tied for the top spot in the A-10 at 2-0, 11-4 overall, Duquesne has three players averaging double figure points and a fourth with 9.9 ppg. Aaron Jackson's 18.1 ppg and Damian Saunders' 14.7 points and 8.1 rebounds lead the Dukes. Bill Clark's scoring average increased to 11.7 points after pouring in 25 during Duquesne's 98-80 victory over St. Bonaventure Saturday in Olean, NY. Duquesne's balance also shows up in long-range shooting as six different Dukes have at least made at least 13 three-pointers. For the season, Duquesne is shooting 47.7 percent from the field and averages 79.1 points a game. The Dukes are averaging 85.8 points during their current six-game winning streak. Duquesne leads the league in assists (17.73), steals (8.40) and three-pointers made (8.6 per game). Jackson leads the A-10 in assists with 6.2 apg.
GW travels to St. Louis to face the Billikens Saturday Jan. 17 at 9:00 p.m. (EST). The game will be broadcast live on 1050 AM and via the Internet at FederalNewsRadio.com and GWsports.com.