Duquesne University Dukes (14-7, 5-3 A-10)
Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 7 p.m. ET
A.J. Palumbo Center (5,358) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
Television: CBS College Sports production, which will be shown locally on Fox Sports Ohio, with play-by-play from Ryan Ruocco and analysis from John Griffin.
Radio: 700 WLW-AM with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (‘79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (‘88).
Next for X
Xavier visits Dayton on Wednesday, Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. ET.
The X's and O's
- Xavier, 20-2 overall and 8-0 in the Atlantic 10 Conference, won its 11th straight game, 83-74, over Temple on Thursday at Cintas Center. Senior B.J. Raymond led XU with a game-high 24 points on the strength of five three-pointers.
- Xavier senior B.J. Raymond has recorded four straight games of 20 points or more, the first XU player to accomplish that feat since then sophomore David West did it in the 2000-01 season.
- Xavier's 11-game winning streak equals the longest in five years under head coach Sean Miller. XU also had an 11-game win streak last season. XU's current streak is its longest since winning a school-record 16 straight games in the 2002-03 season.
- Xavier, 20-2, has now clinched four straight 20-win seasons and 12 20-win seasons in the past 13 years.
- Xavier is ninth in the Associated Press Poll and in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. XU is ranked seventh in the latest RPI ratings for collegerpi.com (2-6-09).
- Xavier's 8-0 start in the Atlantic 10 is its best start since winning its first nine A-10 games in the 2001-02 season. The 9-0 A-10 start in 2001-02 is the school record.
- Xavier is 6-0 so far on opponent home courts this season, including 3-0 in the A-10.
- Xavier has won 15 straight games in the month of February. XU was 7-0 in February in both 2007 and 2008 and is 1-0 so far in February of 2009.
- Xavier's defense has held its first 22 opponents to 37.8 percent shooting for the season. That ranks XU eighth in the nation for field goal percentage defense in the latest NCAA rankings (2-1-09).
- Xavier's offense has come alive during the 11-game winning streak. XU is scoring 77.8 ppg. and shooting 50.5 percent form the field and 70.4 percent from the free throw line during the streak compared with 70.6 ppg. for the first 11 games while shooting 44.3 percent from the field and 66.4 percent from the free throw line.
- Xavier is one of only nine schools that have made the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight multiple times in the last five years. XU made its third straight NCAA berth in 2008.