On Wednesday night, head coach Jeff Lebo spoke to the media following East Carolina's 74-58 loss to Houston.
He noted that the Pirates must improve their field goal percentage and teams three-point percentage. Lebo also congratulated the Cougars on how Houston came out to a hot start. The guard play from Houston's Damyean Dotson and Rob Gray Jr. was a force the team could not contain throughout the game.
Lebo mentioned senior guard Caleb White struggled, but said he was confident he would bounce back next game.
The Pirates host Cincinnati Sunday at 4 p.m.
Notable takeaways from the game:
- Captain B.J. Tyson was helped off the court with an apparent knee injury late in the second half.
- The team shot 34 percetn from the field and a measly 13 percent from outside the arc.
- For the first time in a while, ECU outrebounded their opponent 37-32.
- ECU lost the turnover battle 12-7.
Dual players of the game for the Pirates
- Andre Washington finished with 12 points, 11 rebounds, two assists, one block, and shot 100 percent from the field.
- Kentrell Barkley with 13 points, eight rebounds, two assists, and went 7-for-8 from the charity stripe.
Next the Pirates take on Cincinnati who are currently ranked 22nd in the nation, at 4 P.M. Sunday afternoon in Minges Coliseum. This game will be broadcasted on CBC Sports Network, this will be a big victory for the Pirates if they can fix the mistakes made in the last game.