Kickoff: 6:30pm CT
Little Caesar's Bowl Preview: '5 Things You Need To Know'
1) Vegas vs. History: Each of the last five Little Caesars' Bowl matchups have been decided by 5 points or fewer. WKU is (currently) favored by 6 points on Vegas betting sites.
2) Hot vs. Cold: Western Kentucky started the season 5-1 overall before losing four out of their last six, finishing at 7-5. Central Michigan on the other hand, started the season 3-6 before winning their final three games, finishing 6-6.
3) CMU Suspensions: Three Central Michigan wide receivers, Titus Davis, Defarrel Davis, and Courtney Williams have been suspended for the bowl game for violating CMU team rules. Davis and Williams combined for 10 of CMU's 20 receiving touchdowns this season. Davis was CMU's 'big play' threat, leading the team with 8 touchdown receptions and a 20.0 yards per catch average.
4) Antonio Andrews: A Paul Hornung Award finalist, WKU's featured runningback needs 274 all-purpose yards to break the NCAA single- season record of 3,250 set by Barry Sanders in 1988.
5) Similar Styles: Despite their 'big play' loss in Davis, Central Michigan still has capable players suiting up for their offense. Runningback Zurlon Tipton rushed for 19 touchdowns this season, adding 1391 yards on 229 attempts (a 6.1 yards per carry average). Similar to WKU's pro-style/'control the clock' offense, Central Michigan will try to maintain possession of the football via the run game, aiming to wear down WKU's defense.
Stay tuned with WKUInsider.com for postgame reaction live from Ford Field at the conclusion of the Little Caesars' Bowl.