Noles Pick Up Huge Commitment

In the final night of the EA SPORTS Elite 11 camp, two of the quarterbacks decided to make their college choice. The players were taken to the Irvine Spectrum in Irvine (Calif.) where they walked in to a Champs Sporting Goods store. Miami bound Kirby Freeman was behind the camera and told several of the quarterbacks he was with to go grab the hat of their future college choice so he could videotape them. Two did more than here for the news and plenty of quotes.

Not only did the two signal callers follow through and grab their college hat, both decided to end the process right there and called the coaches to make their commitments.

"I'm going to Florida State," Drew Weatherford out of Land O'Lakes (Fla.) said moments ago. "I'm so pumped up right now. I really wasn't even thinking about committing but when we all went into Champs and started talking about it, I just decided to get it over with. I've always wanted to go to Florida State but it just never felt like the right time. It felt right tonight and I'm very excited about it."

Weatherford has had a great week at the camp and has shown he should be mentioned among the nation's top five quarterback prospects.

The other player to commit tonight was a total shock to us. None other than Grand Prairie's (Texas) Rhett Bomar also decided to end the process but unfortunately, we can't quite let that cat out of the bag just yet as Bomar said he wants to call the other schools on his list before he goes public.

"It was where my heart was at and where I've wanted to go for awhile now," Bomar said. "They have a strong program every year and since I knew without a doubt that was where I wanted to go, I just decided there was no reason to put it off."

Check back tomorrow morning on Bomar to find out who the lucky school is. The talented signal caller looks like arguably the nation's top quarterback and had such a strong week, we would strongly consider making him the top overall prospect in the country. He's the kind of player that could fit in any system and is pretty close to being without a weakness on the football field.

Again, we're not trying to be a total tease here but just want to respect the wishes of Bomar who asked us to hold off until he could tell other schools. He already has the blessing of his parents on the decision but they also thought he should wait until he reaches the other coaches.

For those with access to StudentSports.TV, we'll have the film of the two commitments up shortly so be sure to check the site for it in the next week or so.

Nole Digest Top Stories