Keys to a Nole' victory vs. Georgia Tech
1) 20 points is the magic number. Every game that Georgia Tech lost their opponent scored twenty points or more. If Florida State's offense puts up at least twenty their chances of winning dramatically go increase.
2) Block well and tackle well. Georgia Tech has the best defensive line that Florida State will probably face all this season. The Seminole offensive line has been hearing all week how they will be getting dominated on Game day. Coach Trickett has been coaching his guys all up all week for this game. On the defensive side of the ball, the Noles' must tackle well. Georgia Tech runs a different type of offense with the triple option attack.
3) Stop the RUN. Georgia Tech is run offense is ranked #9 in the country. They are averaging 236 yards per game. Georgia Tech Head Coach Paul Johnson said this past week that if Florida State holds his team to their normal rushing yardage allowed then the Jackets will LOSE. The Seminoles defense is allowing 79 yards. Tech back Jonathan Dwyer is the top playmaker on the offense.
4) Play your assignments. FSU needs to play their assignments today than the game plan will work against the Yellow Jackets. If you get caught looking or trying to slide around a block instead of filing the hole or playing your man than it will be a very long day.
5) Go deep early and often. Georgia Tech will be missing their top cornerback for this contest. Florida State needs to attack the Yellow Jackets deep so that they don't load the box trying to stop the run or bring multiple blitzes.
Nole Digest Top Stories
FSU's Walker is ACC Defensive Player of YearDemarcus Walker is the ACC Defensive Player of the Year for 2016.
Nole DigestWednesday at 3:03 PM
Miami Commit Back from FSU Official VisitScout 300 offensive tackle and longtime Miami Hurricanes commit, Navaughn Donaldson, dishes out the latest after spending this past weekend with Jimbo Fisher's Florida State…
Scout FootballTuesday at 4:59 PM
Deondre Francois is ACC Rookie of the YearFlorida State Seminoles freshman Deondre Francois is the 2016 ACC Overall Rookie of the Year and the ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Nole DigestTuesday at 11:17 AM
Florida State WR Target Promoted to 5-StarsDetroit Cass Tech wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones is now a five-star on Scout, a little later than many expected, but with his outstanding career and senior season complete,…
Scout FootballTuesday at 8:26 AM