TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Saturday was a big day for the Seminole football team as thirteen members of the squad attended graduation ceremonies in anticipation of completing their undergraduate degrees. Ten of the 13 players that walked on Saturday were scholarship athletes. Tonight the team will gather at 6:00 p.m. for the annual football awards dinner. Sandwiched between both of those events the team practiced for 18 periods in uppers on the practice fields.
PLAYERS WHO WERE EXPECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION CEREMONIES
* Everette Brown*, Pat Davis, Josh Dobbie, Graham Gano*, Michael Ray Garvin*, Benjamin Lampkin*, Roosevelt Lawson*, Darius McClure*, Neefy Moffett*, Derek Nicholson*, Toddrick Verdell*, Chase Walker, Drew Weatherford* (*= scholarship athlete)
* Florida State practiced for 18 periods in uppers on the practice fields.
* Before moving into 7-on-7 and pass rush the squad worked versus scout teams, ran inside drills and 1-on-1.
* In 7-on-7, Jamie Robinson picked off a pass and Tony Carter and Ochuko Jenije broke up passes. Christian Ponder recorded deep TD passes to Greg Carr and Bert Reed on top of completions to Rod Owens and Cameron Wade. D'Vontrey Richardson connected with Taiwan Easterling and twice to Owens. He also found Jarmon Fortson on two occasions, one of which was a deep pass for six.
* In pass rush Moses McCray and Markus White each got to the QB twice. Kendrick Stewart, Paul Griffin and Budd Thacker got a sack each. On the other side Zebrie Sanders won a couple battles. Joe Tonga, Rhonne Sanderson and Brandon Davis each got a win as well.
* Practice ended with 11-on-11. The defense had a nice drill. Jamie Robinson nearly had a second INT and A.J. Alexander also broke up a pass. Justin Mincey had a QB pressure. Korey Mangum and Stewart both had tackles for a loss. Stewart's was way in the backfield. Antone Smith had a nice run while Ponder connected with Owens