Corey Miller has dozens of offers from programs all over the country. Throughout his recruitment he has stated that at some point before his senior year he'd like to trim his list down to a smaller list than the dozens of offers he was looking at. Today Miller spoke to NoleDigest about his final 5 and why these 5 made his list.
"I've been chilling pretty much but I decided to trim my list to a top 5," said the Byrnes standout. "The final 5 are Florida State, California, UCLA, Tennessee and North Carolina. It came down to these 5 because I talk to these coaches a lot and I feel that I can be successful at any one of them. Each program has good defensive ends. This season I will be watching to see what happens with each of them."
Miller says that he has a comfort level with all 5 of these schools, but each has something that he likes about them. He talked about each here:
• Florida State: "They've always interested me, and they have Everett Dawkins there. That will have an influence on the situation. FSU is a top program and they are on the rise. It's a nice campus and the coaches are real cool. They have history there."
• Cal: "I have a good relationship with Coach Lupoi. Cal is a program on the rise."
• UCLA: "They have 4 defensive ends leaving so there is a good chance for me to go there and play early as a freshman. Like Cal I am looking to get out there for a visit."
• Tennessee: "With Lane and Monte Kiffin they have something going. Their recruiting class last year was amazing."
• North Carolina: "I like Coach Blake and Coach Davis a lot and they've been together for a while. I feel like I won't get any BS from them."
Corey had been favoring FSU for several months but he says he is taking an even approach to his list of remaining schools.
"I'd say things are evening out and I want to focus on these schools," explained Miller. "With FSU I just need to get clear on the whole situation with the NCAA. Things have been hectic so it's nice that I can focus on these 5 and really focus on my team and the upcoming season. I'm pretty sure this is it for the schools I am looking at."
Corey isn't sure about visits for the rest of the summer. He's been trying to get out to California to see Cal and UCLA. There is a chance towards the end of July he'll be able to get out there to visit them.
"I may go out there July 18th because that's really the only chance I can get out there this summer," said Miller. "If I can't I will be going to Showtime with Marcus Lattimore and Brandon Willis. It's been tough to get out there."
Stay tuned to NoleDigest for further updates with Miller as we track his recruitment.
Miller Talks Final 5
Nole Digest Top Stories
History On FSU's Side With Top-5 RankingFlorida State was ranked No. 4 in the preseason AP Poll, and their history says that's a good sign for Seminole fans.
FSU No. 4 In Preseason AP PollFlorida State will start the season as a preseason Top-5 team.
FSU QB Malik Henry SuspendedFlorida State will be without quarterback Malik Henry indefinitely.
FSU 8/20 Practice Report and HighlightsFlorida State went through their first practice of Saturday's two-a-days in pads.