Corey Miller has dozens of offers from programs all over the country. Throughout his recruitment he has stated that at some point before his senior year he'd like to trim his list down to a smaller list than the dozens of offers he was looking at. Today Miller spoke to NoleDigest about his final 5 and why these 5 made his list.
"I've been chilling pretty much but I decided to trim my list to a top 5," said the Byrnes standout. "The final 5 are Florida State, California, UCLA, Tennessee and North Carolina. It came down to these 5 because I talk to these coaches a lot and I feel that I can be successful at any one of them. Each program has good defensive ends. This season I will be watching to see what happens with each of them."
Miller says that he has a comfort level with all 5 of these schools, but each has something that he likes about them. He talked about each here:
• Florida State: "They've always interested me, and they have Everett Dawkins there. That will have an influence on the situation. FSU is a top program and they are on the rise. It's a nice campus and the coaches are real cool. They have history there."
• Cal: "I have a good relationship with Coach Lupoi. Cal is a program on the rise."
• UCLA: "They have 4 defensive ends leaving so there is a good chance for me to go there and play early as a freshman. Like Cal I am looking to get out there for a visit."
• Tennessee: "With Lane and Monte Kiffin they have something going. Their recruiting class last year was amazing."
• North Carolina: "I like Coach Blake and Coach Davis a lot and they've been together for a while. I feel like I won't get any BS from them."
Corey had been favoring FSU for several months but he says he is taking an even approach to his list of remaining schools.
"I'd say things are evening out and I want to focus on these schools," explained Miller. "With FSU I just need to get clear on the whole situation with the NCAA. Things have been hectic so it's nice that I can focus on these 5 and really focus on my team and the upcoming season. I'm pretty sure this is it for the schools I am looking at."
Corey isn't sure about visits for the rest of the summer. He's been trying to get out to California to see Cal and UCLA. There is a chance towards the end of July he'll be able to get out there to visit them.
"I may go out there July 18th because that's really the only chance I can get out there this summer," said Miller. "If I can't I will be going to Showtime with Marcus Lattimore and Brandon Willis. It's been tough to get out there."
Stay tuned to NoleDigest for further updates with Miller as we track his recruitment.
Miller Talks Final 5
Nole Digest Top Stories
FSU Official Checks off All Boxes for BrooksFlorida State legacy commit and three-star prospect, DeCalon Brooks, opens up about his official visit weekend with Jimbo Fisher and the Seminoles.
Scout FootballMonday at 4:12 PM
5-Star Penn State Commit to Visit FSUHarrisburg (Pa.) High five-star defensive end Micah Parsons is committed to Penn State, but is set to make some visits in the spring.
Scout FootballSaturday at 8:21 AM
Jameis Winston or Deshaun WatsonIn a debate with no real correct answer, Campus Insiders asks the question, who was better Deshaun or Jameis?
Nole DigestSaturday at 7:59 AM
FSU has ACC Moment of the WeekThe Florida State Seminoles took out the No. 7 Duke Blue Devils in convincing fashion this week, 88-72. FSU won its 12th straight game and improves to 4-0 in the ACC for the first…
Nole DigestFriday at 4:42 PM
Who'll replace these irreplaceable CFB stars?These guys will try to fill the shoes of some of the biggest names on college football's best teams.
ScoutFriday at 5:46 AM