- Andre Debose made his first appearance on kickoff return for 23 yards. Expect to see more of the same moving forward.
- Andre Debose two catches for 26 yards. He is clearly a special player and needs more touches moving forward. Expect to see him get the ball 7-10 times on Saturday night in The Swamp vs. LSU.
- Redshirt freshman Stephen Alli had his first career reception in the fourth quarter. Alli is another big target and I think he can help this team down the road.
- True freshman Trey Burton was tops on the team with four catches for 33 yards. Burton is proving to be very dangerous coming out of the backfield and is much more of a receiving threat than I thought he would be.
- Frankie Hammond with two catches for 28 yards. It's nice to see a kid like Hammond get another chance and do the things that is expected of him. I would expect to see him get more chances moving forward.
- Playing in front of 101,000 fans on the road at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa against the No. 1 ranked team in the country. The experience these young players will take from this will be very big down the road.
- Total yards on the night, Gators 279 and Bama 273. Florida shot itself in the foot with four turnovers that caused a 28-point swing.
- Bama came up wiht guns-blazing, going 10 plays but the Gators held and forced the field goal. Florida did exactly what it needed to do driving right down Bama's throat with a seven minute drive.
- Senior Chas Henry unleashed a career high 75-yard punt in the second quarter.
- Florida won't get a chance to play Alabama again until December.
- The defense could not get one ounce of pressure on the Alabama quarterback.
- Jon Bostic was invisible most of the night.
- Will Hill was out of position all night. He has taken a step back.
- Option with John Brantley - should not see this again the rest of the season.
- Dive play with Jeff Demps.
- The Gators were held without a touchdown for the first time since losing 31-3 to Alabama on Oct. 1, 2005.
- The offensive line after the first drive was over-matched with no hope of turning it around.
- Florida will get a chance to play Alabama again in December.
Alabama is a well oiled machine and they have all the pieces to make another run to the BCS national title game. The Florida Gators are trying to find their way and will be a much improved team moving forward based off the learning experience Saturday night.
These teams are not far apart in terms of talent on either side of the ball. Ingram and Richardson will always be the two "top" players on the field no matter who they face but this game was much closer than the score indicated. Four plays leading to a 28-point swing was the difference in the game. It seemed the Gators were deflated a little bit over the results of the first drive and the lack of leadership showed. Someone needs to step up and become the emotional leader of this team and speak up at these points in the game. Alabama did not make costly mistakes while Florida did but they will get back to work this week learn from it and move on. The Gators will run the table and get another crack at the Tide.