Ran Carthon has a sprained foot and still has the air cast on his left one. Ran says he will go in the scrimmage on Saturday.
Ray McDonald missed his second straight practice with a deep thigh contusion
Practice News and Notes:
- The high school coaches clinic is ongoing today through the weekend so the tempo was very upbeat and active.
- The offense struggled in the passing game, especially in the red zone area where Ingle and Gavin through interceptions.
- Billy Griffin is getting some work at center with Mike Degory IS getting some work at right guard. This is not because of Degory's performance but more so another way to get a good look at Griffin.
- Zook said the JUCO offensive lineman have progressed very well and are ahead of the other two JUCOS, Defensive Tackle Eric Holcombe and Tight End David Kenner.
- Darrell Lee had a good day including a sack in team period and a couple of quarterback hurries.
- Ciatrick Fason was back getting reps and had a sold practice and also had no fumbles during team period.
- Dallas Baker made a nice touchdown catch in the back of the end zone from Gavin Dickey. He out jumped Augustine and Lamar.
- Todd McCollough continues to get better and better at linebacker. He tipped two balls in coverage.
- Taurean Charles saw limited action but looks very instinctive and maybe the most physical linebacker in uniform right now.
- Max Starks handled Travis Harris in pass protection most of team drills.
- Kelvin Kight had a good day on screen passes making positive yards.
- It was not Ingle's best day. He seemed to force a couple of throws but continued to battle back and stay positive.
- Gavin Dickey was hit and miss as well at the Quarterback spot. He was unable to move the offense very far in the final drive drill at the end of practice.
- Tookes continues to struggle a bit at receiver. He seems to be in a funk right now letting his indecision cause him to drop balls he normally catches.
- The merry go round at corner continues. Kendrick, Lamar, McCollums and Nick Brooks all got reps with highs and lows. Secondary coach Mike Woodford admitted after practice that this is valuable time for the young players and that Ratliff is still a starter.
- The team is off Friday and will practice in the Swamp Saturday morning at 9 am.