Another home game for the Florida Gators this week, which means another batch of visitors are expected to be at The Swamp to watch UF in action. Here is a look at some of the names that are expected to make an appearance in Gainesville on Saturday:
Sterling Jones is set to make the trip down from Alabama with a few friends on Saturday. The three-star linebacker holds offers from Florida, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Memphis and UCF.
C.J. Henderson is among the expected. He was expected last week, but in the end could not make the trip and is expected to get a ride into town with group of South Florida recruits. The Miami pledge's relationship with the Gators has been strengthening in recent months.
The South Florida group coming to Gainesville includes two pledges, four-star tight end Kemore Gamble and three-star corner Shawn Davis, However, UF also will host a few targets including Rodney Scott. The three-star wide receiver is no longer committed to the Canes and is looking around. Other schools that have offered Scott include: Louisville, Maryland, Rutgers, Syracuse and West Virginia.
Scott's teammate Mark Pope is also expected to be among that group. The 2018 four-star wide out has often listed Florida and Alabama as the top schools standing out to him early in the process. At one point he was expected to make a decision over the summer, however, he decided to hold on his pledge. Pope, like many of his teammates mentioned above, has been known to stop by Florida's campus plenty.
Justin Watkins was a recent visitor on campus over the last six months, however, he has yet to return to Florida after committing to FSU in June. The 2018 four-star running back had mentioned the Gators plenty before his commitment to Florida State, and Florida was often in his top four.
Another Florida State pledge is expected to be on campus on Saturday. Charles Strong will be on hand to watch the Gators host North Texas. The three-star running back from P.K. Younge is a member of the 2018 class and committed to the Noles in February.
Targets Take Trips
The Gators are not the only ones receiving visitors this fall. Here is look at some other visit news concerning a few targets and some upcoming visits for Florida:
- Four-star cornerback Shaun Wade is expected to be in Notre Dame this weekend for an official visit. Wade visited Florida two weeks ago with his parents. This trip to Indiana will be the first trip to see the Irish for his parents.
- No. 18 defensive tackle Romello Martin is expected to take a visit to Florida soon. However, that is not the only school he plans to visit. South Carolina, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Miami also are expected to receive a visit. Rutgers and Penn State are also hanging around. Martin has no dates for his officials set.
- Another top defensive tackle is looking into Florida. Four-star defensive lineman, Phidarian Mathis, has the Gators on his shortlist. The Scout 300 tackle was not aware of dates for his visits, but listed the Gators as a destination. LSU, Alabama and Oklahoma State are three others in the mix.
- Gators pledge, four-star corner Elijah Blades, took his official visit to Utah last weekend. Blades called it a "great visit," (FULL RECAP HERE). His next visit is set for Oct. 1, when he ventures to Washington State. His official visit to Florida is set for Oct. 8.
- Five-star linebacker Anthony Hines officially visited Texas A&M last weekend and is expected to take an official to Penn State this weekend.