Tale of Two Halves
- Plays: 34
- Average: 8.8 yards per play
- Total Offense: 300
- Passing: 213 yards
- Rushing: 87 yards on 13 carries (average 4.8 yards per carry)
- First Downs: 12
- Third down conversions: 4 of 7
- Red Zone: 3-3
Player Notes: QB Austin Appleby went 10-16-0 for 213 yards and two touchdown; Antonio Callaway led receivers with 134 yards on four catches; on the ground Jordan Scarlett led the way for the Gators with 37 yards on six carries and a touchdown.
- Plays: 36
- Average: 2.8yards per play
- Total Offense: 102
- Passing: 83 yards (23 passes attempted in second half, 3 pass attempts in 3rd quarter)
- Rushing: 19 yards on 13 carries (average 1.5 yards per carry)
- First Downs: 5
- Third down conversions: 2 of 9
- Red Zone: 1-1
Player Notes: Austin Appleby went 13-23-1 for 83 yards and one touchdown; wide receiver Antonio Callaway had 0 catches in the second half; running back Jordan Scarlett ran four times for nine yards.
First Down Woes: The Gators struggled to attain any momentum after the break. UF went three-and-out five straight times and only attained its first first down with 7:30 left on the clock in the fourth quarter. The team faced 3rd and long 3 times in the third quarter alone.
Drive breakdown for UF after going ahead 21-0: punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, interception, punt, touchdown, turnover on downs.
- Plays: 42
- Average: 3.8 yards per play
- Total Offense: 162 yards
- Rushing: 78 yards on 21 carries (average 3.7 yards per carry)
- Passing: 84 yards (21 passes attempted, 7 completed)
Player Notes: Vols QB Joshua Dobbs went 7-20-1; wide receiver Tyler Byrd led the Vols with 27 yards on two catches; Dobbs led the attack on the ground with 39 yards on eight carries.
- Plays: 37
- Average: 9 yards per play
- Total Offense: 336 yards
- Rushing: 101 yards on 25 carries (average 4 yards per carry)
- Passing: 235 yards (12 passes attempted, 9 completed...average per pass 26 yards)
Player Notes: Joshua Dobbs went 9-12-1 and four touchdowns for 235 yards in the second half; Vols wide receiver led all receivers at the end of the game with 111 yards and one touchdown on three catches; on the ground the Vols were led by Jalen Hurd, who finished with 95 yards on 26 carries, averaging 3.7 yards per carry.
Big Plays: The Gators defense allowed several completions of 20-yards or more. The Vols touchdowns in the second half included: 67 yards Jennings catch, 42 yard Josh Malone catch, 23 yard Hurd catch, and 20 yard Ethan Wolf catch.
- After picking up 134 receiving yards on Saturday Antonio Callaway joins an exclusive club. The wide receiver has 1,013 yards receiving, moving past the 1,000 yard milestone. He is tied for third fasted player in Gator history to reach that milestone (17 games).
- Linebacker Alex Anzalone recorded a career-high 12 tackles.
- Defensive lineman Bryan Cox had a career-high nine tackles.
- With eight tackles, Jordan Sheritt also set a career- high. He also had a sack in the loss.
- The Gators offense had eight big plays on Saturday, 6 of them were passes from Appleby - six of these plays were 20 yards or more, three were 30 yards or more.