In singles, Dolberg quickly made it a 2-0 lead in UF's favor as he took 53 minutes to defeat Manrique on court five, 6-2, 6-0. The appearance was the first of the season for Dolberg in a dual match.
Sherry stretched the lead to 3-0 when he defeated Waits at the bottom of the lineup (6-1, 6-1). The redshirt junior won his third match of the season, all of which have come in straight sets as Sherry has not allowed an opponent to win more than two games in any set to date.
Krebs (ranked 123rd nationally) picked up a win for the Hurricanes on the second court two minutes later to make it 3-1 as he won 6-3, 6-2 over Ouellette (ranked 47th). The loss was only the fourth of the UF newcomer's career (19-4 overall career).
For the first time on the season, Mirzadeh was the Gator that provided the match clincher with a 6-1, 6-3 decision over Cohen (ranked 26th). The win was also the third in straight sets at the top of the order for Mirzadeh.
Brandi (number 82) increased the lead to 6-1 as he also picked up a straight set win over Hoyes (6-3, 6-2) for his third dual match win of the year.
Florida's Nestor Briceno (number 46), who trailed 3-1 in the first set of his match against Subramanian, came back to pick up a win on court four by outlasting the Miami freshman in a tiebreaker in the third set (6-3, 6-7 (4), 10-7).
Florida will make its first road trip of the season as the Gators travel to 40th-ranked Florida State to face the Seminoles at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
Florida vs. Miami
- Hamid Mirzadeh (UF) def. Number 26 Josh Cohen (UM), 6-1, 6-3
- Number. 123 Tim Krebs (UM) def. Number 47 Greg Ouellette (UF), 6-3, 6-2
- Number 82 Chris Brandi (UF) def. John Hoyes (UM), 6-3, 6-2
- Number. 46 Nestor Briceno (UF) def. Vivek Subramanian (UM), 6-3, 6-7 (4), 10-7
- Jordan Dolberg (UF) def. Luis Manrique (UM), 6-2, 6-0
Ryan Sherry (UF) def. Ryan Waits (UM), 6-1, 6-1
Order of Finish - 5, 6, 2, 1, 3, 4
- Chris Brandi/Hamid Mirzadeh (UF) def. Josh Cohen/Tim Krebs (UM), 8-3
- Greg Ouellette/Stefan Tell (UF) def. John Hoyes/Luis Manrique (UM), 8-5
- Jordan Dolberg/Ryan Sherry (UF) def. Vivek Subramanian/Ryan Waits (UM), 8-4
Order of Finish – 3, 1, 2