Jacksonville DT picks Noles over Gators
As is usually the case with football recruiting this time of year Florida State is finishing strong. This is especially the case on the defensive line. Last week the Noles secured a verbal commitment from Countdown to Signing Day first team all-South member Chris Anderson (6-3/275 4.8) from Jacksonville, FL (Mandarin), to go along with Parade All-American defensive end Kamerion Wimbley (6-4/220 4.6) from Wichita, KS, who is already enrolled at Florida State.
|FSU commitments Lonnie Davis, Thomas "Hollywood" Clayton and Chris Turner|
According to that report he is being recruited by FSU as a defensive end although his future is likely at defensive tackle. Turner is capable of playing inside or outside because of his exceptional speed. Despite weighing in at 270-pounds, Turner reportedly runs the 40-yard dash in the 4.6 to 4.7 range. Despite taking only 40 to 50% of his defensive snaps because of injury in his senior year, Turner was still able rack up 59 tackles and led his team with 12 sacks
The Ed White star is fully qualified academically. Despite receiving over 40 scholarship offers he selected FSU over Florida, Miami, Georgia, USC, LSU, Michigan State and others. If teammate Lonnie Davis follows through on his original commitment, FSU would have two players from Ed White high school in the 2002 recruiting class.
* Chris Turner was one of our three Seminole "locks". The other two are still undecided.
* Prep Star Dream Team
* Rated a perfect 5.0 by Forrest Davis
* Max Emfinger 225 (#6 NG)
* Florida Kids top 100 (No. 34 overall)
* Florida Times-Union Super 75
* Sunshine Network All-Gridiron first-team member
* Orlando Sentinel Florida Top 100 (#1 rated DT).
* Selected to play in two all-star games (Cali-Florida & National All-Star game)