Who is #1?
That is the question that keeps message boards fueled up and running. There is no definitive answer. It's all speculation and left to the eyes of the beholder. The fact that there is no right or wrong answer will not stop fans from debating their opinions for days, weeks, sometimes years about who is the best, Barry or Emmitt, Miami '01 or Nebraska '95, Wuerffel or Manning? The list goes on and on.
Today, we are asking you the question. Who is number 1? Who is the top back in the South this year? After watching the enclosed video, we're all going to have our opinions, and we're all going to be right, or wrong. Odds are that these three guys will choose three different schools. Each group of fans will claim they got the best running back, and each of them will be right, and wrong.
Isn't recruiting fun?
Here are the three early candidates for top back in the South for the Class
of 2003, listed alphabetically.
- Stone Mountain, GA - Stephenson
- 6-1, 195, 4.38
- Junior Stats - 269 rushes for 2,088 yards, 25 TDs
- Tallahassee, FL - North Florida Christian
- 6-1, 225, 4.49
- Junior Stats - 164 tackles, 12 sacks, 41 tackles for a loss, 7 caused fumbles, safeties - 82 rushes, 790 yds, 9.6 yds/ carry, 17 TDs
Lexington, SC - Lexington
6-1, 210, 4.5
Junior Stats: 2300+ yards and 38 touchdowns
Once you've watched them all, hit our Message Boards and discuss who you think should be the #1 guy in the South!
Trouble Shooting Tips:
Once downloaded completely, the video should run smooth. Some videos are better quality than others, that depends on the source tape that we use to capture from, but all are good enough to see the abilities of the players. Here are some tips if you are having problems:
Some tip for viewing the video:
- You should have Windows Media Player 7.0 or better installed on your computer. If you do not, click here for the free download.
- Your are going to need a high speed line DSL, Cable, or T1. Sorry to those of you that are on a dial-up, but Video is a high bandwidth feature.
- Let it download completely and watch it again. You can watch it while it's downloading, but it will be a bit choppy, the progress bar at the bottom will tell you when it's finished downloading, at that point, stop it and start watching it again.